Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  3d Retreat News
  GeForce III?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   GeForce III?
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 620
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-13-2001 04:10 PM


Well this almost as surprising as the GeForce 2 launch out of the blue. It appears that GeForce 3 cards will be available for sale in Switzerland at the end of February... a few weeks away! I am not sure when a US launch will be but in Switzerland it will be around $567 US. You can see a scan of the box art at this site here.
Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
dookiebot
Sergeant

Posts: 71
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 02-19-2001 05:23 PM


I can garuntee you that I won't be buying that thing. $600 for a 3d card? I would rather spend that money on 512 megs of ram, a 1.2 gig processor, and keep the change to add up for another 3d card.

It isn't even a new chip, it is just an overclocked GF2 Ultra. Speaking of, how much will the GF3 Ultra cost, $800?

This will be a fast card but I won't spend that much money for one. I need bang for my buck being married and all. heheheh.....

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for dookiebot   Click Here to Email dookiebot    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to dookiebot    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47