Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  3d Retreat News
  GeForce3 Technology Info!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   GeForce3 Technology Info!
sniper
Moderator

Posts: 215
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-28-2001 01:58 AM


Kyle Bennett from [H]ardOCP.com has 5 pages covering the technology of the GeForce3. Here is a snippet from it:
"Learn it, know it, live it. This simple slide really does have a strong statement to make about the GeForce3. NVIDIA has licensed technology to Microsoft that is being used in DX8. Yes, you already downloaded and installed DX8 and did not think much of it? Well, that is because you don't have a game that will take advantage of pretty much any of the new technology that DX8 brings with it. If I remember correctly, 3dfx also licensed technology to Microsoft (at least I THINK I read that). If that is true, then it is even more DX8 technology that NVIDIA now owns.

I am hearing that some very high profile games will be utilizing many of the features that will be GeForce3 / DX8 compatible. I am also told that it is possible we will be seeing some currently available games issue DX8 patches that will bring about a lot of enhancements for the ones you might already own"

Check out the GeForce3 technology info pages from [H]ardOCP.com.

Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47