Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  3d Retreat News
  E3 2001, short report

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   E3 2001, short report
VAXC3
Moderator

Posts: 41
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 05-19-2001 05:44 PM


I just got back from E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo). I was there the whole three days. I gotta say, IT WAS DOPE!

I've got a long and kick ass exclusive footage of Ghost Recon (Rainbow Six 3). This game looks very promising!

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty also looked very well done, I've got the whole preview video taped.

Square showed off FFX and FFC (FF4 and Chrono Trigger). They also showed a 10 min video clip summing up FF the movie and their upcoming titles. VERY VERY NICE.

Warcraft III and Diablo II Expansion looks pretty good. Not as well as I thought though.

AvP2 looks extremely good, especially with all the new graphics and map designs.

Halo... OMG! PLEASE HIDE THAT THING. During multi-player, you can notice the low graphics quality and the slow down in frame rate (sometimes to lower than 24fps!) No AA support. Single Player looks ok, but as far as I can say, its just another FPS without something special.

Unreal Champion: Good graphics, nice weapons. Controls are actually alright for a PS2 first person shooter.

Grand Turismo 3 A-Spec, very well done. The graphics, the cars, the tracks... everything. Very nice and clean.

And last but not least, the most important part of E3. THE BOOTH BABES! w00t! *drools* haha.

I will have pictures and videos up very soon.


Click Here to See the Profile for VAXC3   Click Here to Email VAXC3    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1520670UIN: 1520670   Send an AIM Message to VAXC3    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47