Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Swat 3 Discussion
  Help with CD recognitioin

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Help with CD recognitioin
454
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-13-2001 11:39 AM


I recently got a new machine and now have Windows 2000 Professional. For some reason Win2000Pro seems to have trouble when I start a program verifying the CD.

When I double click the icon to start the game or when I do it out of the autorun menu, the cd starts to spin like it is going to go and then quits. And starts up again. And just keeps revving like that as long as I am willing to let it sit there.

I had the same trouble with Hitman. Did not have this problem with Gunman Chronicles.

Does anyone know how to either make the game function with the OS or have a "no CD" patch?


Click Here to See the Profile for 454    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
BaZ00kA
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Mar 2001

posted 03-13-2001 02:23 PM


It's illegal to install a no-cd CRACK

------------------
Martin "BaZ00kA" Nilsson
Newsposter at http://swat3.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for BaZ00kA   Click Here to Email BaZ00kA    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
454
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-13-2001 02:59 PM


As I understand the spirit of the rule, it is illegal to play a copy of a game you do not own. I have owned the game for a year, have the CD in my possession, but I can't play it on Win2000Pro.

My question still stands: does someone know of any thing I can do, crack or otherwise, that will allow me to play?

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for 454    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Drunk
Major

Posts: 298
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-15-2001 01:51 PM


Try posting in the Techincal Forum @ sierra - http://community.sierra.com/WebX?13@22.pJ8eaQfNtbP^0@.ee6d723 you could try searching there knowledge base http://sierra.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sierra

If you find a cd crack for it, you won't be able to play online as Sierra use CD Verification, just to make sure you know, i would recommend emailing sierra support to try and get an answer.

------------------
Swat 3 Retreat News Junkie
drunk@3dretreat.com
Visit my RS Clan site!!


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47