|
Author
|
Topic: Convincing obstinate parents...
|
Kamikaze_SM Newbie
Posts: 1 Registered: Dec 2000
|
posted 12-03-2000 01:02 AM |
|
Anyone have any hints for convincing a parent that isn't particularly excited about letting me get airsoft? Any kind of safety record stuff, assurances of safety, and blah blah blah. I just someone else to help convince them, it would help if its been someone into it for awhile. Also,any help on validating the cost (such as possible uses, etc.). Thanks, Kamikaze
|
silent death Private

Posts: 6 Registered: Feb 2001
|
posted 02-21-2001 02:38 PM |
|
ur parents should feel fine about getting a airsoft gun cause as long as u wear goggles no harm will come to u. plus airsoft is not as messy and as vandalizing as paintball!! all airsoft guns are shipped with orange tips so u don't get in trouble with the cops.------------------ -$ilent death

|
Caliban Private

Posts: 6 Registered: Feb 2001
|
posted 02-23-2001 04:18 PM |
|
Try: "Fine then, I'll just sit around the house all day long and get fat!! Where instead I could be out with my friends running around, having good safe fun"I was lucky enough that my parents let me buy an air pistol (C02 powered pellet) to shoot in the garage and backyard, so I don't think they'd mind me getting an airsoft. ------------------ - See the Gun and Pick it up. All day long you'll have good luck. See the gun and let lie. You'll want that gun before you die!

|
SlipKnot Private

Posts: 8 Registered: Mar 2001
|
posted 03-02-2001 09:31 AM |
|
like silent said i isn't messy u won't get hurt if u have the gear on like goggles pads and etc. try telling your mom and dad that u will use it only with your friends or try what silent said------------------ $lipKnot

|
lt_poncho Newbie
Posts: 3 Registered: Feb 2001
|
posted 03-02-2001 11:11 AM |
|
I don't think that just becthey have orange markings can they not be considered safe or not. It's all about how responsible the owner handles what they've purchased. So long as you can prove to not only your parents but yourself that you're capable of treating it as if it was a REAL firearm, then I doubt there would be a problem. Use it in places that you know for certain would be an acceptable place for Airsoft, such as a paintball field or indoor arena. Public parks or 'fields out back' are not advisable, for neither players OR the sport. Incidents with Airsoft hurt all players, not just the guilt associated.------------------
 
|