Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Airsoft
  How exactly do gas guns work?!?!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   How exactly do gas guns work?!?!
Caliban
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-24-2001 03:58 AM


Okay, I feel pretty retarded for asking this and after some long searching all I really came up with was:

Certain Gas guns use different types of gas (ie. Top Gas, Green Gas etc) and I believe the gas goes into mag for your pistol.

Now what I'm confused a bit about is, do you just pour gas into designated slot, or is there a special device or anything you need to use or can you just buy this stuff (I've seen many bottles of it online) and just pour it in????

Since I've only ever used C02 pistols, thats what I keep picturing in my mind, but I know these guns don't do it quite like that.

Thanks again.


PS

One day it'll be nice cause I'll be the one able to answer the questions. But we all start out as newbies at one point in time.

------------------
- See the Gun and Pick it up.
All day long you'll have good luck.
See the gun and let lie.
You'll want that gun before you die!


Click Here to See the Profile for Caliban   Click Here to Email Caliban    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 5183713UIN: 5183713       IP Logged
X17
Moderator

Posts: 148
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-24-2001 09:53 AM


Calbian,
I believe your referring to gas pistols. The gas used into these pistols is much liks Co2. Basically, it’s Co2 with a special lubrication agent in it. That may not be totally accurate but it should give you a picture of what the actually gas is. You simply load the magazine or gun with gas from the nozzle of the gas can. Some guns do require a certain kind of gas normally do to upgraded features. Basically, people use Green Gas because it is a proven strong gas. For details on gas its self read our Gas 101 the Basics, by Allen. The actual mechanics vary from gun to gun. Most work as so: You cock your gun, by pulling the trigger you release the hammer which in turn either itself or another internal piece of the gun hits the piston on the magazine releasing gas into a chamber with one exit that propels the bb down you barrel, the bb on its way is caught on the hop up feature which puts a controlled spin onto the bb which in theory gives you longer range. That’s very poor and poorly written, I am sure someone else can explain it much better then I. If you have a more specific question that I am missing please tell me so and ill try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for X17   Click Here to Email X17    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 66249881UIN: 66249881       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47