Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Airsoft
  Mp5 ?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Mp5 ?
Buster
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-26-2001 04:47 PM


I am looking for a good AEG. I have always liked the look of the mp5 series. I was thinking about the mp5 a2 or a3, both of these are metal. check them out herehttp://www.airsoftextreme.com/store.html


price seems high, please tell me what you think about both of these guns and can you have a silencer on them?

thx
-Buster

------------------
http://www.crank-design.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Buster   Click Here to Email Buster    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Toto
3d Retreat

Posts: 15
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-26-2001 05:57 PM


The TM MP5 series seem to be good guns. Only trouble, in my opinion, is that everyone has one...so they are not very unique.
A friend of mine had a MP5 Navy (the discontinued one), and spent around 700 hopping it up.
Yes, I do believe the mp5's accept the silencer, maybe X17 can help me with this?

------------------
Toto
"mutts need love too."


Click Here to See the Profile for Toto   Click Here to Email Toto    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Buster
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-26-2001 06:08 PM


what do you think of the price on that site?

------------------
http://www.crank-design.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Buster   Click Here to Email Buster    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
X17
Moderator

Posts: 169
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-26-2001 06:24 PM


Buster,
Tokyo Mauri is currently the leader in airsoft weaponry. When you buy a AEG from TM you can expect it to perform a lot like a SG 550, infact stock Tm AEGs all have similar performance characteristics. A TM gun isn't considered anymore better then good until you whip out the upgrades. Based upon your question I am going to jump the conclusion that this is your first AEG. In that scenario I would stress for you to buy a stock TM Mp5 of sort, or any TM gun, as long as it is stock.

------------------
X17
ASR Director
"the leader in the 6mm beater"


Click Here to See the Profile for X17   Click Here to Email X17    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 66249881UIN: 66249881       IP Logged
Buster
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-26-2001 08:37 PM


X17, I am looking for a gun that i can use right out of the box and get descent preformance. This is my first AEG... i am moving up from a spring glock pistol (big jump huh). I am not the kind of guy who is going to go fiddling with this guts of the gun to much.

------------------
http://www.crank-design.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Buster   Click Here to Email Buster    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 665
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-26-2001 10:19 PM


My first AEG was the MP5-A5. I paid about $350 for the gun, battery, and charger about a year and a half ago from a small dealer in Texas. I HIGHLY recommend the TM MP5 series. The guns are VERY solid and I was very impressed with the performance overall.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
X17
Moderator

Posts: 169
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-26-2001 11:47 PM


Buster,
All TM airsoft guns are pretty equal in performance out of the box. Stock AEGs can easily compete with modified guns. Which gun you buy really wont matter, you should get which ever one you think looks best. A note on the Mp5 A5 and A4. The A4 features a full stock, and if I am not mistaken houses a larger battery, I may be wrong I do not own a mp5 of any sort but have handled them before. The A5 uses a mini battery, you will get longer play time with a A4 but none the less the A5 should last any skirmish you play, not including long games like 24 hour skirmishes.

------------------
X17
ASR Director
"the leader in the 6mm beater"


Click Here to See the Profile for X17   Click Here to Email X17    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 66249881UIN: 66249881       IP Logged
Toto
3d Retreat

Posts: 15
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-27-2001 07:31 AM


In addition to X17's comments, I would add that if you decide to go with the smaller battery, I would pick up two, or a quick charger. These are invaluable, especially if you plan on all day skirmishes.

I checked out the price at that website and it seems comparable to other US dealers.


------------------
Toto
"mutts need love too."


Click Here to See the Profile for Toto   Click Here to Email Toto    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Humtek
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-27-2001 04:00 PM


From my airsofting experience I have had a lot of Mp5 guns of different models. As Toto had mentioned that their not very unique, but that makes them just as better as there are TONS of modifications and TONS of equipment for them. I recommend you getting an Mp5 series. I have noticed I did have a couple problems with my Mp5 SD series guns, their also kinda bulky. I liked the Mp5-A5 or A4 versions as well as the Mp5k series. Also there is no Mp5-A2 or Mp5-A3 for the AEG's.

------------------
---------------------------The Voice of Retreat Radio
David "Humtek" Vigil
Retreat Radio
humtek@3dretreat.com
http://radio.3dretreat.com
<a href="http://www.3dretreat.com/finger/cgi-bin/finger/finger.cgi?action=showplan&cmd=&who=humtek&service=pseudo">.plan</a>


Click Here to See the Profile for Humtek   Click Here to Email Humtek    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 18184022UIN: 18184022   Send an AIM Message to Humtek    IP Logged
Buster
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-27-2001 09:05 PM


http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store.html

thay have the CA a2 and a3 right there.

------------------
http://www.crank-design.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Buster   Click Here to Email Buster    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
SlipKnot
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Mar 2001

posted 03-02-2001 08:52 AM


buster u know how u said the price for the mp5 or the a3 is high. try this website www3.wargameclub.com

------------------
$lipKnot


Click Here to See the Profile for SlipKnot   Click Here to Email SlipKnot    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to rabidlofa   Send a message to noneUIN: IP Logged
lt_poncho
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-02-2001 10:56 AM


The best 'out of the box' model from Tokyo Marui is the STEYR AUG. Reasons are simple.

It already comes with a METAL RECEIVER, and the inner/outer barrel is very stable. It's one of the more accurate guns to shoot out fo the box. Stable and DURABLE. You wont be breaking anything on the AUG, even after harsh treatment.

Should you decide to upgrade, it is the easiest model to take apart of all the AEG's. You don't have to completely dissasemble the model to get to the mechabox.

The only drawback to the player is that the bullpup design takes a bit of getting used to, and for some players it's a bit awkward. If you don't like it's looks initially, don't let that betray you. After shooting one you'll repect what it has to offer; natural pointing/aiming ability, ease of use, smooth design doesn't catch onto gear. It's a smart, simple design that has made an accurate well made model.

In my 16 years of Airsoft, I highly recommend this model.


Click Here to See the Profile for lt_poncho   Click Here to Email lt_poncho    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 355665UIN: 355665   Send an AIM Message to N/A   Send a message to lt_ponchoUIN: 355665 IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47