Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Gaming
  Upcoming games

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Upcoming games
Rogue
Private

Posts: 16
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 07:07 AM


Ok, I've been out of the gaming "ring" for a while here, so I'm kind of clueless about any cool upcoming games...Anyone got any suggestions? Other than Elite Forces, Snicker

------------------
[02:33] <Snicker> In weight lifting, I don't think you should be disqualified for sudden, uncontrollable urination.


Click Here to See the Profile for Rogue   Click Here to Email Rogue    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 37149540UIN: 37149540       IP Logged
X17
Moderator

Posts: 178
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 08:22 AM


World War 2 Online should be a buyer Snick, give the man a link to some screens.

------------------
X17
3d Retreat Staff
Force 21 Retreat
Airsoft Retreat
Trinity Effect


Click Here to See the Profile for X17   Click Here to Email X17    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 66249881UIN: 66249881       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 09:18 AM


WW II Online - http://www.wwiionline.com
Team Fortress 2
Tribes 2
Halo
The World is Not Enough - James Bond on Q3 engine
Red Faction (has deformable terrain)
Duke Nukem Forever

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 21
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 10:00 AM


Rune looks like an awesome game to me. It will use the Unreal engine. You can check it out at http://www.runegame.com

Best of all, I think it is released tomorrow.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 11:52 AM


Do they have a demo yet?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 21
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 12:41 PM


quote:
Do they have a demo yet?

Are you talking about rune? All i saw on their site was some movie downloads and some wallpapers. I was reading through the forum and some people were saying the demo was supposed to be out this past weekend. So maybe it will be released soon after the game ships. Ebworld says they are shipping it tomorrow.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged
Funkss
Private

Posts: 10
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 01:30 PM


two words and a number: Red Alert 2 :-D

------------------
Head Honcho at R6 Funnies - http://roguespear.3dretreat.com/r6funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Funkss   Click Here to Email Funkss    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 16151933UIN: 16151933   Send an AIM Message to Funksss   Send a message to fadetofunkUIN: 16151933 IP Logged
sniper
Moderator

Posts: 473
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 01:42 PM


Budy of mine got Delta Force 2, and he said that was really cool. He went from R6 to DF and now he wont come back to RS.. so I'm trying to get him back, but he seems to enjoy Delta Force...

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190       IP Logged
Rendar
Private

Posts: 16
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 05:50 PM


Delta Force 2 has really lame graphics. Because of the stupid grass and whatnot a 1 Gig has trouble with it in 800x600 mode.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Rendar   Click Here to Email Rendar    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 26772621UIN: 26772621   Send an AIM Message to AndrewFerens   Send a message to aferensUIN: 26772621 IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 07:04 PM


Very true...good thing the next version of the game fixes that! I am looking forward to Land Warrior.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
X17
Moderator

Posts: 178
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 08:06 PM


Yes, if the graphics ran smoother in the game... DF2 would be one of my favs!

------------------
X17
3d Retreat Staff
Force 21 Retreat
Airsoft Retreat
Trinity Effect


Click Here to See the Profile for X17   Click Here to Email X17    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 66249881UIN: 66249881       IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 21
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 09:01 PM


Don't know much about Black & White but that looks like it could be cool too.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged
Pappy
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 12:20 AM


I want HALO!!!

------------------
Allen "Pappy" Arnold
News/Reviews Guy
[img]http://www.3dretreat.com/forums/3dr/staff.gif[/img]


Click Here to See the Profile for Pappy   Click Here to Email Pappy    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 55852329UIN: 55852329   Send an AIM Message to PappstersZ    IP Logged
londoneclipse
Moderator

Posts: 4
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 11:44 AM


!!! T R I B E S 2 !!!
http://tribes.3dretreat.com

Are you ready for a real game = TRIBES 2

LOL I had to post this!

------------------
------------------------
LondonEclipse
tribes.3dretreat.com
------------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for londoneclipse   Click Here to Email londoneclipse    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 5630774UIN: 5630774   Send an AIM Message to LondonEclipse    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 11:55 AM


I am ready! Oh yeah, your new Tribes Retrea layout totally owns dude....

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Fitz
3d Retreat

Posts: 16
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 05:19 PM


Wasnt the company making HALO bought out buy Microsoft? And if I am correct about the buy out, HALO might be pushed to the X-Box...

------------------
-Fitz (AKA: The Other White Meat)

News Editor/Interviewer
RS Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz   Click Here to Email Fitz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30531045UIN: 30531045   Send an AIM Message to Pie4Fitz   Send a message to JoeFitz_UIN: 30531045 IP Logged
Pappy
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 05:39 PM


Yea, but I think there is a petition out there somewhere.. I doubt they would release it just for X-Box.. Microsoft is fairly big into pc game publishing.

------------------
Just plain Stank Cheeze!


Click Here to See the Profile for Pappy   Click Here to Email Pappy    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 55852329UIN: 55852329   Send an AIM Message to PappstersZ    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 08:10 PM


I believe it is public knowledge that Halo will be both X-box and PC. The company was bought by MS.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Fitz
3d Retreat

Posts: 16
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-27-2000 12:27 PM


cool beans

------------------
-Fitz (AKA: The Other White Meat)

News Editor/Interviewer
RS Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz   Click Here to Email Fitz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30531045UIN: 30531045   Send an AIM Message to Pie4Fitz   Send a message to JoeFitz_UIN: 30531045 IP Logged
chrispix
Sergeant

Posts: 78
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-01-2000 02:35 AM


HALO - Nuff said

------------------
/Chrispix


Click Here to See the Profile for chrispix   Click Here to Email chrispix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24178629UIN: 24178629   Send an AIM Message to ctravis77   Send a message to chrispix99UIN: 24178629 IP Logged
SamTheMan
Moderator

Posts: 162
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-08-2000 10:37 PM


DF1 and 2 are totaly Multiplaer games, good thing about that, doesnt lag as much as RS. And MechWarrior 4 is coming! big woot! http://mw4.gamingtutor.com wahoo!

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
Drunk
Moderator

Posts: 348
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-09-2000 08:46 AM


Snicker - Rune Demo

------------------
CONFUCIUS SAY . .Man who put head on Rail Road track to listen for train likely to end up with splitting headache.
Webmaster of the Funniest Clan Site In The World and of course The Rogue Spear Funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-09-2000 12:10 PM


I played the Rune demo. It looks really sweet and they made good use of the UT engine. The gameplay really isn't that interesting to me though. Anyone tried multiplayer?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
PaKeLiKa
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-13-2000 10:41 PM


Hey I dont know if its still there but on the official HALO site I watched a video and it said something about HALO being affiliated with Apple or Macintosh or something I'm about to confirm but I cant remember.

------------------
::Posted by PaKeLiKa "The Vizual Azzazzin" FSU gonna WHUT?!! FSU GONNA FUCK SHIT UP!!!


Click Here to See the Profile for PaKeLiKa   Click Here to Email PaKeLiKa    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 65079065UIN: 65079065   Send an AIM Message to PaKeLiKa999    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-14-2000 12:01 AM


The developers of Halo, Bungie, recently got bought out by Microsoft.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
PaKeLiKa
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-15-2000 08:29 AM


Heh, Microsoft is evil. They buy out everyone. =)

------------------
::Posted by PaKeLiKa "The Vizual Azzazzin" FSU gonna WHUT?!! FSU GONNA F*#K SH#T UP!!!


Click Here to See the Profile for PaKeLiKa   Click Here to Email PaKeLiKa    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 65079065UIN: 65079065   Send an AIM Message to PaKeLiKa999    IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-16-2000 10:08 AM


Rune is a cool game via Multiplayer...it runs off the UT engine, but it is pretty different. Things called Ruin's can powerup your weapons and do awesome things like that.

A cool game that I got is Escape from Monkey's Island. It's a funny game and you can do fun stuff with that. No one Lives Forever is MUCHO stupid. Come on, it is. I burnt it at a LAN and I got home and said "I wasted 2 CD's on this."

I primarly look at Dreamcast games. Fighting Viper 2 looks AWESOME and another game that looks cool, (don't laugh, it's a REAL game) World's Scariest Police Chases. I forget where I saw the screenshots (either segaweb.com or dreamcast.net) but that game looks sweeeeet. Come here varmit!

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Funkss
Private

Posts: 10
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-24-2000 12:37 AM


coolant, No One Lives Forever is more of a single player game than multiplayer. I just finished it and I'm more than satisfied with it. I thought of it as Deus Ex in the 1960's minus all the different ways to beat the level, It is pretty linear but, It still kicks @$$.

------------------
Head Honcho at R6 Funnies - http://roguespear.3dretreat.com/r6funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Funkss   Click Here to Email Funkss    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 16151933UIN: 16151933   Send an AIM Message to Funksss   Send a message to fadetofunkUIN: 16151933 IP Logged
SamTheMan
Moderator

Posts: 162
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-24-2000 08:36 PM


test

------------------

/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-26-2000 02:38 AM


Originally posted by coolant:
I primarly look at Dreamcast games. Fighting Viper 2 looks AWESOME and another game that looks cool, (don't laugh, it's a REAL game) World's Scariest Police Chases. I forget where I saw the screenshots (either segaweb.com or dreamcast.net) but that game looks sweeeeet. Come here varmit!

I saw this game at E3 and yes, it does look pretty sweet

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
dookiebot
Captain

Posts: 103
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-27-2000 04:45 PM


Halo looks to be awesome but since microsoft bought it and plans to have it released on teh X-box platform first, which by the way, won't be out until Q3 2001, we might not see Halo on PC platform until Q2 2001 at the earliest. Assuming we are going to see it at all. Microsoft may be "dumbing down" the game so it will transfer well to the console platform.


I am also looking forward to
TF2
Red Faction (this game is has some serious potential for bringing a new experience to the fsp)

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for dookiebot   Click Here to Email dookiebot    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to dookiebot    IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 01-02-2001 11:05 AM


I think TF2 is gonna blow.

but thats coming from someone that has played TF since the original mod for Quake1...moved to quakeworld...got REALLY pissed off cause there wasnt a TF for Quake2....and is sorely dissapointed about the fact that Q3F had to change the names of the classes....I'm a fucking Spy...NOT an Agent....I'm a god damned Demoman...not a Grenadier....stupid people make me mad.

------------------
praise the dj


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47