|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() General Gaming
![]() Quake III
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: Quake III | |||
|
Fitz 3d Retreat
Posts: 16 |
I played the demo of Q3 today, and I must say it is the most mind numbing experience I have ever experienced (other than my 3dr cube post...). I literaly stoped thinking while playing, kept on shooting and killing, but I wasnt even thinking about it. Pretty graphics though, but I like RS and HL way better than Q3. I actualy hate Q3 (not for the violence factor and what not, just that I think it is to over hyped, and doesnt demand to many skills to play). ------------------ News Editor/Interviewer | |||
|
Absolut_OSU 3d Retreat
Posts: 21 |
I with you on that one Fitz. The only thing about Quake 3 I do like is a complete newbie can jump in with some more experienced players and win some matches (as opposed to rogue spear). Also, in my opinion, Quake 3 seems to get boring very quickly. ------------------ | |||
|
Fitz 3d Retreat
Posts: 16 |
Yeah, it does get boring. Thats why it is a little mind numbing. The gameplay is just to repetative. ------------------ News Editor/Interviewer | |||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 894 |
Bah, you guys don't know what you are talking about Q3 has awesome graphics and the other games using it as their engine are beautiful as well (Elite Forces, FAAK2). If you think it doesn't take any skill, join up in a game with me and I will smack you around. If that doesn't convince ya, try playing against Dune!------------------ | |||
|
Fitz 3d Retreat
Posts: 16 |
Snicker, i agree, great graphics. But its mindless. And, the last time i remember playing you in RS (before I worked here), my G3A3 (single shot) messed you up... ------------------ News Editor/Interviewer | |||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 894 |
So you are accepting my challenge??? deathmatch IS mindless, it is all about who has the fastest reflexes and hand/eye coordination. But, if you play CTF or other Q3 modes you will be exposed to some different and fun gameplay. Also, the q3 expansion pack coming it focuses on nothing but teamplay gametypes. It sounds fun! ------------------ | |||
|
Fitz 3d Retreat
Posts: 16 |
I know about the add-on. But im talking about q3, not q3: addon. CTF (capture the flag, right). I can play that with the neighborhood kids with squirt guns and nerf guns. You couldnt even touch me. My god like greatness would make you quit, before the game even started. ------------------ News Editor/Interviewer | |||
|
Funkss Private ![]()
Posts: 10 |
Q3 sux, UT forever ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
Booker Private ![]()
Posts: 20 |
You should jump on a Q3 server sometime. Play some people who have been playing since Quake. Trust me, you will get your ass kicked. ------------------ | |||
|
Warthog Sergeant ![]()
Posts: 74 |
Yep, it's the same with RS/UO (well sorta), Booker. I've been playing since R6 (obsessively) and love to kick bootay constantly .Warthog ------------------ | |||
|
Crusty Buttcrack Sergeant ![]()
Posts: 60 |
q3 su> CR|_|$ty $@yz \/\/H@T |_|P!!!!!! |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47