Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Gaming
  Nice article on framerates in games

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Nice article on framerates in games
GoatBeard
Moderator

Posts: 61
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 03:59 AM


http://www.penstarsys.com/editor/30v60/30v60p3.htm

The US Air Force has done tests with their pilots to see how responsive the visual system is. In one experiment a picture of an aircraft was flashed on a screen in a dark room at 1/220th of a second. Pilots were consistently able to "see" the afterimage as well as identify the aircraft.


Click Here to See the Profile for GoatBeard   Click Here to Email GoatBeard    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
sniper
Moderator

Posts: 473
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 02:56 PM


Question on "Framerates"...

Ok I know in Unreal and Quake you can test your fram rates.. how else would I do this? I would like to test my framrates on my new comp i'm building when I get it all done! So how can I accomplish this? DL the demo of Unreal or Quake and test it? thanx!

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer
http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190       IP Logged
Filet
3d Retreat

Posts: 0
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-02-2000 01:04 PM


Well,

I'd have to suggest that you utilize a standard set of tools so that you have something to compare your results to - for instance, www.madonion.com has an excellent tool called 3DMark 2000. It does all the latest and greatest benchmarks, and even lets you create "projects" on the internet to compare your results against other people's machines!

In addition, there are some useful tools at www.hardocp.com in the "files" area. I'd suggest the Q3 demo torture test

Good luck, and happy benchmarking.

------------------
Preach on...


Click Here to See the Profile for Filet   Click Here to Email Filet    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to Filet MP    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47