Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Gaming
  System blockades in the games ........WME?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   System blockades in the games ........WME?
surgical
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-18-2000 05:06 AM


Greetings, friends:

For some a time, I suffer a problem with the games that I am not able to guess of where
it proceeds and I would thank any help very much in this respect.
I am a fan of the simulation and I use games like Falcon 4.0, I Rogue Spear, Tachyon, etc...
The problem that I am having is that the games, in general, they are provoking me constant system blockades (frozen screen, not blue screen), some of them with but assiduity that others; but all, finish provoking me, in some aleatory moment, the one hangs of the system,
putting under an obligation to restart the system.
The system, in general and, in the rest of applications this working with a lot of stability and tests carried out to the system with Norton 2000 and other applications don't show anything abnormal.
The significant changes that I have carried out (before it was in W98 SE and everything was well) they have been the bring up to date to W ME (Update W98), bring up to date of the drivers of my GeForce 256 at the Detonator3 6.31 (before it was in the 5.33); addition of the value DWORD "EnableVia4X" (... ..Software/NVidia Corporation......) in the system registration ;assignment of quantity fixed to the file of exchange of Windows (Fixed in 700 Mb; my RAM is of 192); bring up to date of the drivers of my chipset (VIA KX-133) to those Via 4 in 1 4.23 (it was with the native of W98 + the driver AGP 4.03 of VIA). The Bios was updated for a last revision.
There are also a 3Com 905B-TX as net card (drivers of Millenium) a SBLive
(with the LiveWare 3.0 for W ME), the two units of CD (with the stalls of DMA activated in his system properties) ....... all of this based on a K7 to 700 Mhz. .
I don`t know that it can be causing this uncertainty in the games, and it misses me that it is
Millenium, I think..................... .I thank in advance any help in this respect, since
I don't want to make tests or system changes without an idea but or less clear of the origin of the problem.

Sincerely: Surgical (Pedro)
Barcelona Spain


Click Here to See the Profile for surgical   Click Here to Email surgical    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-19-2000 01:16 AM


Is your system overclocked?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
surgical
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-19-2000 03:54 AM


No , my system isn`t overcloked...........
any chip. I`d tried to expose all the details
of soft/hard of my system . If there`s some
significant detail that has left me , tell it
to me........

Thanks

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for surgical   Click Here to Email surgical    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Scooby
3d Retreat

Posts: 95
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-20-2000 03:53 PM


Well, there's your problem. You're running that Winders virus. Install a real operating system and you should see many of those go away.

Compounding the problem is that Symantec garbage. Peter Norton made some great utilities, but when he sold out to Symantec, they quickly turned it into bloated crap.

In all seriousness, even with the above listed defects, you should have a simi-stable operating enviornment. If you have a clean load on your OS (I prefer never to do upgrades with OSes. Instead, buy the upgrade version and format before you install the new OS) and you still experience the BSOD, it's most likely a hardware problem. I had similar symptoms under my Win2K workstation and after a frustrating 12 hours of troubleshooting while at a LAN Party, I discovered that I had a bad memory DIMM. *Hangs head in shame*

As for Windows Me, I can proudly say that I have no personal experience with it. (although I fear they are going to start making me support it here, at work :-) )

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Scooby   Click Here to Email Scooby    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 506158UIN: 506158       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47