Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Gaming
  Dreamcast: Without a Modem?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Dreamcast: Without a Modem?
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-21-2000 11:30 PM


I picked up a used Dreamcast today that came with 5 games, two controllers, the little vmu units and things are going great....until I realize I can't find the modem jack on the back. I swear every DC has a built in modem, right? What kind of DC could I have possibly gotten???

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-09-2000 10:48 AM


I remeber renting the japanese dreamcast when it was first released in japan and it didn't have a modem on it. You can always pop that little cover off and add a modem since it still has the slot for it(If your sneaky go rent/buy a dc and swipe the modem then take it back) My guess is you got a modded japanese dc

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-09-2000 10:20 PM


I think you are right...there is NO japanese writings on the unit anywhere though. Wouldn't the japenese one have jap writing on the bottom?

Short of stealing a modem, I can't find a place to buy the modems either. Sony doesn't appear to sell them.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47