Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Swat 3 Retreat News
  Paw Interview @ Element Leader!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Paw Interview @ Element Leader!
Drunk
Captain

Posts: 222
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-18-2001 03:40 PM


Element Leader has posted an interview with Cami Lee the founder of the PAW squad.

Quote - Slippery Jim: If there was one thing in Swat 3 that you could change tomorrow what would it be?

Cami Lee: The one thing that I would absolutely change if I could would be to remove WON from the picture totally and go to an IP based setup. Most people with good connections are stupid if they don't have a firewall up on their connection and most Providers are already instituting firewalls in spite of the users. WON does not like firewalls. It's a contradiction in terms to trade off good game speed and connections for network security just so that WON ads can be displayed. The WON servers can't handle the load, and it's been displayed over and over...and when SWAT3 goes to 10 player, if they haven't given us an IP based option, I think the game will die from the over-bearing weight that WON is putting on it. I've said it from the start, WON is going to kill this game.

I agree with his comments about WON, Swat 3 could definatly be run on better servers, oh well! Check out this interview here!


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47