|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() TANGO News
![]() Registration for January 6th open!
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: Registration for January 6th open! | ||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 99 |
Now accepting reservations for the tango LAN Event on Saturday, January 6th starting at 10:00am and running until midnight. Reservations are mandatory and seats are limited to 85 people. Admission is $15 and covers your seat, table, power and drinks. We will have dedicated Quake 3 (FFA, CTF, 1vs1), Counter-Strike 1.0, and FTP servers on site available throughout the entire event. As usual, we'll play it by ear and there will be plenty of open gaming! Please reserve your seat no later than Wednesday, January 3rd. Feel free to invite a friend(s) and spread the word, but each individual MUST RESERVE their OWN seat via the website! Confirmation of each reservation will go out via email on Thursday, January 4th with all details on the event including directions. | ||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 99 |
Do you guys like the FTP site? ------------------ | ||
|
Hamhouke Private ![]()
Posts: 10 |
If you are talking about the one set up at the event, I would say yes. I think it's critical in getting everyones versions synced up. ------------------ | ||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 99 |
Yeah, that was the original idea behind the site, but we've also included it for the hopes of a public file swapping area instead of using network neighboorhood. ------------------ | ||
|
Mike64 Private ![]()
Posts: 16 |
I love the idea of that FTP! I just wish more people had gone in and upped stuff to it during the last TANGO, I contributed my part, I also downloaded my part ------------------ | ||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 99 |
We're going to throw some more stuff on there an re-organize it for the next party. We also need to figure a way to promote it better, so people know to use it. Some goofs still go looking out on network neighboorhood, but a dedicated ftp is faster and less taxing on peoples workstations. ------------------ | ||
|
Dungheap Private ![]()
Posts: 20 |
Dune, as far as MP3 sharing goes you may want to just run open nap on one of the boxes and let everyon use napigator to connect to the server using napster . . . *shrug* and idea, don't know if it'll work on a lan but it may. Not that anyone would trade MP3s . . . | ||
|
Mordichai Newbie
Posts: 4 |
I like the idea of an FTP. I don't know if FRAG 4 had one but I like most of the poor slobs out there was just running through Network Neighborhood. And me with my limited puter skills was unable to get around all those pesky passwords and chits. FTP = Good idea. ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47