Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  TANGO News
  Logo contest!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Logo contest!
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 125
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 03:58 PM


Think you've got some mAdGrAFiXSkiLLZ? Well, we're working on selecting and officializing our logo for print, so we're going to open up a small logo contest and take submissions. Logo's should be about 10 inches wide @ 300dpi so we can actually use it on hard copy printouts without pixelation (screen res is 72dpi for you newbies).

Winner gets some great recognition for his/her work and free admission to any 2 events! Email submissions to dune@tangolan.com .


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-01-2000 12:23 AM


whatcha think of my idea?

no more image for you!

w0rd

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to CoolantSV    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 572
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-01-2000 12:45 AM


That looks pretty slick! I am not sure how well that exact image would translate to a T-shirt but you could take the basic theme and make it work.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-01-2000 07:31 AM


maybe you could have it as a background or a mousepad or something...but, i think it would make a l33t shirt

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to CoolantSV    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 125
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-01-2000 01:44 PM


Remember guys to keep the colors down. Things like tshirts and business cards charge by the color... if it can be printed with just 2-3 colors (but good dithering), it's do-able.

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://tango.3dretreat.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 114
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-02-2000 02:19 PM


Ummm all I see is an X someone fix the URL or ICQ it too me please.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 125
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-02-2000 04:07 PM


Yeah, it's hosted on coolants box which is down right now...

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://tango.3dretreat.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 114
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-02-2000 04:12 PM


Well I still wanna see it..

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
Paladin
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-07-2000 11:55 AM


Here's my submission...It maybe could be cleaned up a bit or replace the actual 45 with a T stylized to look like a 45 to cut down on colors.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Paladin   Click Here to Email Paladin    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98164510UIN: 98164510       IP Logged
Cloud819
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-07-2000 03:33 PM


I love the gun design. I don't live in Texas, I'm in New Mexico, but I would certainly buy a shirt like that just to show my support. Just wondering though could you make a version using a Mac-10 or 11. I think those guns look much more like the letter "T". The design is really cool and would be easy to have printed. I just think the Mac-10 would look even better.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud819   Click Here to Email Cloud819    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to BugmanNine    IP Logged
Paladin
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-07-2000 05:26 PM


As requested by Cloud89:

Hope you like it.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Paladin   Click Here to Email Paladin    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98164510UIN: 98164510       IP Logged
Cloud819
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-08-2000 12:05 PM


That rocks, I love it, I would buy a shirt like that any day of the week.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud819   Click Here to Email Cloud819    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to BugmanNine    IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Private

Posts: 42
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-08-2000 01:29 PM


Awsome idea, With a little tweaking to make the blood etc. more releastic that would make one kick ass shirt!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged
Mordichai
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-10-2000 11:52 PM


I do love the design but mabey put something in there that somewhat resembles the games we play. I'd love to promote tango but I don't want people to misunderstand my advertisement of tango for me being some sort of gang-banga wanna be. Mabey a little more "animated" and not so realistic. I say the 45 looks better for that effect

------------------
only get up to pee and eat. Never stop fragging


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
Cloud819
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-12-2000 10:36 AM


Mordichai, I understand what you mean. Somthing needs to be put in there about what Tango is. Put what TANGO stands for in the blank area under the name maybe. I still like the MAC 10. But after thinking about it I don't think the blood should be there nor the bullet. Just a straight cut though the "O" would be cool. We wouldn't want wackos thinking that we are crazied blood loving lunitics. Paladin, I still think your idea rocks. Making the changes is totaly up to you. I have no say at all on this site. I just would love to buy a cool looking shirt at the end if this. It is you art, your idea, I hope you don't mind me suggesting changes. Some people get very offended.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud819   Click Here to Email Cloud819    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to BugmanNine    IP Logged
Paladin
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-14-2000 10:44 AM


No offense taken...
I'm just throwin out an idea. I'm completely open to suggestions but ultimately its up to those runnin the show at TANGO. Of course they have many more submissions than what's been posted here, they were supposed to be emailed. So there may be some much cooler ideas in their inbox. If TANGO wants... I (or they) have my complete consent to make any necessary changes.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Paladin   Click Here to Email Paladin    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98164510UIN: 98164510       IP Logged
Paladin
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-14-2000 03:58 PM


I've a 3rd submission sent in to Dune, based on some of the suggestions provided above.

Personally, I like the real weapons, but that's just me. I'm flexible though.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Paladin   Click Here to Email Paladin    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98164510UIN: 98164510       IP Logged
Mordichai
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-17-2000 04:17 PM


I like the new design with the lack of blood and the statement of what TANGO is at the bottom. But my personal preference is more "color". Not really color... actually more shades of the same color. I like the way the actual gun looks more than the newest one you have. When I said "animated" I didn't mean no gun detail at all, hehe. Just meant something less blatantly violent

------------------
only get up to pee and eat. Never stop fragging


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
Cloud819
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-18-2000 02:37 PM


I have to admit the flat blue design is nice, but I still like the real gun (MAC 10) better and black letters better. The streaks behind the bullet are much better then the bleeding "O". The saying above the design works great and the "Texas Area Net......." is place well too. you may have to push the top and bottom text off the the right for the Mac 10 design, but it will still look good. I'm certain that one of your designs will be the choosen one. All of the designs are high impact and deal with the subject matter.

Oh, dude I just thought of something, what if you made the inside of the "O" an RJ45 (network) jack. You could even have a cable coming out of it, if you wanted to. It would be hard to do that design in all black, maybe the cable would have to be blue. It would look cool, despite the extra cost the 2 color pringting would be. Plus, it would be a great graffic plug to what TANGO is all about.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud819   Click Here to Email Cloud819    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to BugmanNine    IP Logged
Paladin
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-18-2000 04:55 PM


Ok, I'm not sure if I like this one. It needs more work, clean up, reduce colors, etc. It my be getting too busy. The concept is good, but I'm having trouble simplifying the image, What do ya'll think.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Paladin   Click Here to Email Paladin    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98164510UIN: 98164510       IP Logged
Mordichai
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-22-2000 05:57 PM


I like that one better than the rest. Only thing that looks like it could improve is the part of the "a" looking like its being dwarfed by the other letters... but other than that... kix azz

------------------
only get up to pee and eat. Never stop fragging


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
Cloud819
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-27-2000 01:17 PM


Very nice, I agree that it looks a little busy though. I like the Cat 5 roll as the "O" very cool. I would take the Jack out of the magizine though. The mag is also pretty long you could probably cut a bit off of it without it looking too funny. Make the "Online" a bit bigger and put it over the "N" and "G" too. It is really looking good. Just some final touch ups are needed.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud819   Click Here to Email Cloud819    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to BugmanNine    IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Sergeant

Posts: 72
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 01-05-2001 08:47 AM


oh yeah....and why is that cat5 going into a regular phone jack?

just fucking with you man...hehe.

------------------
my god comes in a wrapper of cellophane


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Sergeant

Posts: 72
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 01-05-2001 08:50 AM


Originally posted by Paladin:


Thats my fav one though. I dont know about the "get your game...." though...

With a little anti-alising this would look nice.

And Mordi is right...more color.

------------------
my god comes in a wrapper of cellophane


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
chrispix
Sergeant

Posts: 67
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-05-2001 10:21 AM


I like that last one, but it does need to be smoother, as for the others, they were getting a bit too messy..

------------------
/Chrispix
<a href="http://www.chrispix.com">My homepage of pixemon, webcam and more</a>


Click Here to See the Profile for chrispix   Click Here to Email chrispix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24178629UIN: 24178629   Send an AIM Message to ctravis77   Send a message to chrispix99UIN: 24178629 IP Logged
G5_Todd
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-08-2001 01:31 AM


I like the last one too....but dont like the blue....hmmm maybe camoflauge on black tees
Click Here to See the Profile for G5_Todd   Click Here to Email G5_Todd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31844960UIN: 31844960   Send an AIM Message to G5 Todd    IP Logged
Mordichai
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-08-2001 05:13 PM


My fav pic is still that second one you did..
minus the blood it was the best one yet.

------------------
only get up to pee and eat. Never stop fragging


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
j
Private

Posts: 19
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 02-02-2001 03:27 AM


Originally posted by Paladin:
Ok, I'm not sure if I like this one. It needs more work, clean up, reduce colors, etc. It my be getting too busy. The concept is good, but I'm having trouble simplifying the image, What do ya'll think.


Ok minus the gun

normal t


the O cat-5 looks nice have it's tail come under the Texas Area Network Gamers organization at the bottem of the t lineing up the bottom of the big t with the t is Texas and accent the rj-45 and I think you are on the road to a winner

------------------

Texas Area Network Gamers organization http://www.tangolan.com


Click Here to See the Profile for j   Click Here to Email j    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Ceryl
Private

Posts: 7
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-07-2001 12:04 AM



keeping it simple, for business cards and such...

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Ceryl   Click Here to Email Ceryl    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 18491353UIN: 18491353      Send a message to cerylbombUIN: 18491353 IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47