|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() TANGO News
![]() Attendance and available space
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: Attendance and available space | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 108 |
Looks like we have an ever bigger expected turnout than last time, and I don't want to cut off registrations. We're definately full though, as our room maxes out with 90-95 attendees. We're going to officially move to the stance of "first come, first serve". Seats will fill up fast, and the sooner you can arrive, the better chance you'll have at seat. If you like, you can call dune @ 214 454 7164 anytime during the event to check availalble seating before you make a trip out. Seats were not completely full until around 2-3pm, so arrive anytime before then, and you should be ok. Email me with questions. | |||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 571 |
So, if I am #32 for example in the list of registered people, I am not guaranteed a seat regardless of if I was one of the first 95 to register? I foresee some major issues at the party with unhappy people not getting a seat that could be prevented. People packing up their computer gear is a huge task and doesn't fit well with a "first come, first serve" event. I guess the best thing is to hope that this is a non-issue but I don't think we can predict what things are going to be like at this next party. ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 120 |
well, it's in alphabetical order, i think. But, yah, get there sooooon. I can BET that this one is going to sell out. If you are ready this, get all ya computer stuff in ya car the night before and leave as soon as ya can. Peace. ------------------ | |||
|
liltxsboy Private ![]()
Posts: 10 |
What about us folks that signed up early and intended on driving over two hours? ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 120 |
usually the seats get crowded at 11am. So, leave early...like 8am ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 571 |
Boy wouldn't that suck for a lot of people if this high turnout prompted everyone to get here at exactly 10am. ------------------ | |||
|
londoneclipse 3d Retreat
Posts: 5 |
Umm... That really sucks. What about trying to get the bigger room at the Convention Center!! Does anyone have another place they could offer?? ------------------ | |||
|
Scooby 3d Retreat
Posts: 22 |
We are already working to ensure that this does not happen again. For this event, we are pretty much locked into our location. We've been looking for a better place for a couple months but it is dificult to find a room that can handle all the requirements for 100+ gamers. Again, we at TANGO appologize in advance to anyone who is unable to play. We will do our best to accomodate all who wish to play. Keep watching for updated status on this issue as we are still working on a better resolution. As it stands, Dune's post opening this thread is the best we can offer as of this moment. Stay tuned for further updates as we still have a few weeks to work it out. Thanks. ------------------ | |||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 73 |
Oooo I don't get a seat... oooo ------------------ | |||
|
dlp.sharaz-jek Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
tango players: dont knock it till youve tried it. dfwlanparty had a capacity crowd, then a 13-more-than capacity crowd the month after, with 2 months of first come seating. 1. it gets the show on the road. guarnateed seating presents the problem of #1-thru X being promised their chair. then 50% of those people show. then the other million people that are onthe waiting list, either decide to do something else that day (since they are not on the guaranteed list) or they dont have the bawls to pack their rig, get in their car and get in there and take one of those open chairs. unless you want to start paying for your seat in advance, i think the dallas lan admins have found a better way of doing things. i know im not planning on changing back. ------------------ | |||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 73 |
Being only 15 I rely on my parents to get me to the LAN and I think it's nice of them to give me a ride and pick me up, I don't wanna have to push my luck and pester them to take me right at 10am to make sure I get a seat. ------------------ | |||
|
[theHorde]daemon Private ![]()
Posts: 6 |
I agree. TOO MANY PEOPLE don't show up, plain and simple. First come, first serve is THE best way to have a successful LAN party and make sure people are going to be there period. Survival of the fitess...now quit whining. ------------------ | |||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 73 |
I think TANGO has had several succesful LAN parties with out first come first serve. ------------------ | |||
|
sniper 3d Retreat
Posts: 135 |
doods, sorry but I think VAXC3 and I have our seats reserved :-) I'm freakin flying from Oregon, And vax is coming from LA. I have like a 6 hour hour flight.. sha boo ya!!! and I will be arriving with Snicker.. :-) ------------------ | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 108 |
We will of course make exceptions for out of towners. I will give up my seat before I turn away someone that came a great distance. Even in the most crowded room, there's usually a way to squeeze in another seat when necessary... It's the "lallygagging" that we need to discourage. Yes, our past events have been successful. But we haven't had to deal with space issues until now. While we are thrilled with the momentum behind TANGO, we have to make sure as many people can continue to have a good FULL DAY of lan gaming fun as possible.
| |||
|
chrispix Private ![]()
Posts: 41 |
Might be time to move to a bigger room?? :P ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 120 |
Don't worry men...there will be plenty of seats. COME EVERYBODY! Next time, we'll have tango paid for probably with paypal. This way if you pay online, you are ABSOLUTELY GUARENTEED. Even if Britney Spears shows up, you won't have to move (well, maybe). But, that's how we are probably going to do it next time. Also, if you have a bigger room...tell one of the staff members. Thanks ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
[theHorde]daemon Private ![]()
Posts: 6 |
A Good idea might be in the future where you can get a specific seat so clans can sit together. Like a concert or something has number seats and you buy a ticket for a specific seat sorta thing. ------------------ | |||
|
Dungheap Private ![]()
Posts: 22 |
Ahhh Glad that got cleared up . . . kinda ------------------ | |||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 73 |
*Smacks Dungheap* You besta come beyatch! ------------------ | |||
|
Maestro Newbie
Posts: 1 |
Perhaps we need to restrict "Free for All" until like 12, or sometime in the afternoon. If you haven't called, or haven't claimed your spot, you loose it.
Temp solution of course. ------------------ | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 108 |
We haven't had any problem with un-registered people. We only get a few (about 5) each party. I gave out my cell number and people can simply call to make sure there's still seats. ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 120 |
that sounds good dune, but one question - how come i have more posts then the PRESIDENT? ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
VAXC3 3d Retreat
Posts: 13 |
I'm sure this "not enough seats" problem will get solved ![]() besides, think of it this way, once nVidia release the GeForce2Go... whats there to worry? (other then gettin a laptop with it, hehe) ------------------ | |||
|
Crusty Buttcrack Private ![]()
Posts: 41 |
IM FOR SURE ME,VIPERX, AND DOOKIEBOT R GONNA BE THERE DUNE SO SAVE 3 SEATS FOR US ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 120 |
anybody want 3 seats? REAL GOOD SEATS!! j/k------------------ | |||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 73 |
Just so you know all caps in the online world is considered yelling, and rude. ------------------ | |||
|
Mordichai Private ![]()
Posts: 18 |
ok... if were gonna start a seat reservation war then count me in. Bluez, Satanic DJ, Paranoia, and myself are all coming in the same 2 or 3 cars. Theres 4 for ya. And more than likely we'll be bringin Lord Bast and Chr0n0 with us too. ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47