|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() TANGO News
![]() LAN size...
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: LAN size... | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 188 |
If you haven't noticed already, our room that holds 125 people is gonna be overflowing BIG TIME. To help level the local LANs out, we recommend you check out DFW LAN Party for some more great LAN action on Saturday, March 24th. | |||
|
NeghVar Private ![]()
Posts: 15 |
I noticed the rate that the pre-paid list is increasing and I was wondering what happens when all 126 pre-pay spots are taken? Will pre-pay shutdown until registration for the next LAN party? once all remaining spots are full, will all the remaining registrants who didn't pre-pay be informed that they can't attend? ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
it's 125 my final fantasy bro. Yah, if 125 people prepay - then we tell everybody that hasn't prepaid "sorry." ------------------ | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 188 |
That's about it... until we get a football stadium or something. ------------------ | |||
|
PSyCHo Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
What if I bring a really big network switch?
------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
let's all crowd around it and plug our computers into it ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 188 |
Where's the two extra blades? You know we're gonna need some SERIOUS portage. ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
ooo...dune you get me all horny when you speak so "computer like" ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
NeghVar Private ![]()
Posts: 15 |
how do you figure 125, coolant? 6 rows * 7 tables per row * 3 seats per table. 6*7=42 42*3=126 I designed the layout. ------------------ | |||
|
viperx Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 112 |
man its gonna be crowded again u remember in November that table arrangement was awesome set... That time it wasn't crowded so u couldnt eveneven go to the bathroom or get a drink!!!Well Jan lan was ok but i still prefer the Nov set up over any of them!!:P ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
sorry neghvar *shrugs*...but, i think we only have 125 cables. Also, viperx...we can fit more people this way ------------------ | |||
|
Satanic Dj Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 114 |
*wonders where hes gonna find a credit card to use this gay paypal thing* In case ya cant tell, I am against filling the event with prepays. You should leave the last 10 spots open. I have no access to a credit card, nor does anyone I know (well...they do, they just dont wanna use it for me) and none of them have prepayed. The same thing happened to me at the past 3 CPL events. I had planned to go, but when I found out that you HAD to prepay to get in, I pissed all over the CPL. ------------------ Is your god on the cover of a magizine? | |||
|
crustybot Sergeant ![]()
Posts: 64 |
dj ur just sad..... ------------------ | |||
|
Satanic Dj Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 114 |
well...thats the way it is I guess. I hope i can get my mommie to pay for me.... ------------------ Is your god on the cover of a magizine? | |||
|
PSyCHo Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
It will have all 5 blades filled. We didn't need all 5 blades at that Net. party ------------------ | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 188 |
Excellent... you da man! ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
dune - i thought i was the man ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
dune 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 188 |
Nope, you're just the one that gets "horny" when I talk tech... In which case, not a man, so not DA man. ------------------ | |||
|
Mordichai Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 104 |
I honestly don't think that would help. ------------------ | |||
|
PSyCHo Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
That switch is going to be on battery backup. plus with the dual Power supplies we can plug it into two different circuits. ------------------ | |||
|
Scooby 3d Retreat
Posts: 95 |
Mordichai, The question about the switch was retorical. PsyCHo contacted me more than a month ago and offered to bring it to help out. Also, since it has been mentioned, tango came across a few good deals. At all future events including 24 Mar 2001 the entire server farm and all tango provided (or in this case PsyCHo's) network equipment will be put on battery backups. Last tango, the power to the servers went down for more than 30 minutes but gaming never stopped because of one of our backups. We now have two more. I figure the small one (1400VA) should hold his switch for a good hour or so. ------------------ This message posted entirely with recycled electrons. | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
w0rd sc00bz...all your base are belong to scooby. ------------------ | |||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 246 |
it's all about fun ![]() ------------------ shroom - "no aldor would get really mad." |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47