Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  TANGO News
  COMPLETELY FULL

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   COMPLETELY FULL
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 188
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-19-2001 06:42 PM


All seats for the next event are filled up by those who have prepaid. If you have not prepaid via Paypal, THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN PROVIDE A SEAT FOR YOU.

Please do not send any more registrations via paypal, those who missed out will need to wait until the next event (soon!).


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
crustybot
Sergeant

Posts: 64
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-19-2001 07:29 PM


i feel sorry for the ppl who didnt prepay
i am gonna go cry now *sniff*

------------------
it is the new and improved crusty buttcrack. HEAR ME ROAR!


Click Here to See the Profile for crustybot   Click Here to Email crustybot    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to Anth Kenn    IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-19-2001 07:42 PM


yup, and santanic - you owe me

------------------
- coolant
coolant@tangolan.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-19-2001 10:08 PM


I owe you an AK-54 slug.

howsabout that?

Thanks again for driving all the way down to let me pay.

------------------

Is your god on the cover of a magizine?


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-19-2001 10:13 PM


don't worry - it's my miztvah - if ya were a j3w - ya would know what that meant.

------------------
- coolant
coolant@tangolan.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
SARGE
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-19-2001 10:29 PM


THIS IS BS!
I just got the email about the prepay and now it's full? Gezzus I registered early.
That really bites, I had to take a day off work.... I would prepay now that I know but it's too late. this really sucks. What about the ppl who regestered early? Well, I know you guys have limited seats, but I cleared the whole day for this event, now to find out I can't go.... I'm irritated can't you tell 8^(

------------------
<<**SARGE**>>
"Remember kiddies, don't forget to put on your secret decoder ring"


Click Here to See the Profile for SARGE   Click Here to Email SARGE    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
SARGE
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-19-2001 10:42 PM


What the chances of getting the space accross the hall?

------------------
<<**SARGE**>>
"Remember kiddies, don't forget to put on your secret decoder ring"


Click Here to See the Profile for SARGE   Click Here to Email SARGE    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
SARGE
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-19-2001 10:58 PM


I just wanna add one more thing, this was my last chance at a LAN Party for a while (4 months to be exact). This really bites. I really have enjoyed lanning with you guys the last few years, next time please give ppl more notice. I had to give a 2 month notice just to get that Saturday off. I know it was a hard decision to make, but sometimes it's just sucks to being on the other end of the rope. Nuff said..... Good gaming and I hope Dune gets his booty wipped @ Q3 or whatever your playing now, for having to make this announcement. HEHEHE...

------------------
<<**SARGE**>>
"Remember kiddies, don't forget to put on your secret decoder ring"


Click Here to See the Profile for SARGE   Click Here to Email SARGE    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 206
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-20-2001 01:38 AM


Maybe in the future to register you should have to prepay? But hey, dune, your the one that will have all the angry people on your hands.

------------------
"last cs tournie was pretty goodlong but a lil" -viperx Shroomhd@3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 188
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-20-2001 09:28 AM


Honestly, we're still figuring out the best solution. Before, we did't have enough people, now we have WAY TOO MANY. We're working on bigger space, but it's hard to find and SOOOO expensive.

The best way to take care of this would be to host more often, like MONTHLY. We're trying to get the room more often, but Plano Center keeps it really booked. We might be moving in the end of August to another, better, bigger location that we can host monthly at, but it's JUST A RUMOR. More to follow.

Oh, and, we could get the room across the hall, but we're already using all the power on that side of the building... sooo...

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://www.tangolan.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 09:43 AM


Okay, I know we had registration open. But, last tango we were expecting a HUGE turnout. We had like 180 people register. We were all ready and guess what....like 90 people came.

With paypal, we enabled people to reserve seats. We thought maybe half will prepay. Well, then it became a HUGE deal to prepay because we weren't sure what to do. We had like 5-6 people prepay a day and then within the last 4 days like 50 people prepaid.

We set out emails, we put it on our website, I mean really...you want us to call your house and remind you?

I'm really sorry if you guys didn't get into tango. BUT, if you REALLY want to help tango - you can find a room for us that holds a lot of power and that's not VERY expensive.

BTW, who works on a saturday? sheesh!

------------------
- coolant
coolant@tangolan.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
PSyCHo
Private

Posts: 9
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-20-2001 10:47 AM


Have you all looked into renting a office building?

------------------
Joes_cool@hotmail.com


Click Here to See the Profile for PSyCHo   Click Here to Email PSyCHo    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1596123UIN: 1596123       IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 188
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-20-2001 10:56 AM


Nope, I don't think office space works quite that way. It's usually on a monthly basis, with a yearly term and you pay like $10/sq. foot. I don't even know where to start looking for building space just for a day or 2.

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://www.tangolan.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 12:48 PM


wait - dune, what about that big part of tango offices? You know, right next to the vending machine and the stripper...I bet we could fit 500 people there

------------------
- coolant
coolant@tangolan.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Paladin
Private

Posts: 16
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-20-2001 01:17 PM


Coolant...

If you could post the specs you require for a room, i.e. SqFt, AV set, Power, Furniture, etc. We might get some response from the Tango public in the search for new LAN quarters. I used to have a hook-up at the Westin, don't know if she still works there, but could give her a call if you post the specs.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Paladin   Click Here to Email Paladin    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98164510UIN: 98164510       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 01:36 PM


*pokes dune* ask him

------------------
- coolant
coolant@tangolan.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
Teucer
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 01:38 PM


I prepaid, however I am seriously thinking about going to dfwlan instead, because most of my friends didnt prepay and that way we could play together. Would it bother anyone if I offered my spot for sale? I wouldn't scalp it, it would be whoever emails me first gets it for 15.

I'll know by tonight whether I'd be selling or not. If its alright with the tango staff, I'll post again if my spot is up for grabs.

Teucer


Click Here to See the Profile for Teucer   Click Here to Email Teucer    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 17153543UIN: 17153543       IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-20-2001 03:08 PM


Here's a thought why didn't we scrap this whole pre-pay bullshit from the beginning. Why didn't we go by the conveniently placed TIME OF REGISTRATION chart that sits right next to the TANGO registration list to see who got in and who didn't. I was one of the FIRST PHUCKING PEOPLE to sign up (definately in the first 126) and now I find out that unless I pre-paid I don't get in.
Christ that's gh3y.

Not only that but I haven't had internet access in the past 4 weeks. I think my gay-ass dsl company has just bit the dust. I'm not sure because I CAN'T GET ONLINE TO CHECK. The only time I have to post is when I have free time at school. I am one of the few people that Satanic DJ knows who actually owns a credit card. But I'm not about to use my credit card on the school servers.

And a personal note to DJ. How are you gonna get to the party dumbass. The only people you know that could give you a ride are people that didn't pre-pay. Have fun hitch-hiking dickhead.
§Þ

------------------

Never stop gaming. Only get up to eat and pee.


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 188
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-20-2001 03:11 PM


Paladin,

The room we're in now is 2,780 sq.ft. So idealy, we need 3000+ sq.ft.

For AV stuff, all we really need is a good spot to put a LCD projector. We could also use some good overhead speakers for music, but neither of these are required.

For furniture, just lots and lots of banquet tables (8x3 ft.) and resonably comfortable chairs.

And then there's power, gets ya every time. Currently we have 20 20-amp circuits. Each circuit holds about 6-8 computers. We already pushing our limits with 125 people, so we'd probably need upwards of 25-30 circuits, but it depends on how many people we can fit in the room.

Whatever you can look into would be great. Email me back at dune@tangolan.com.

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://www.tangolan.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 03:39 PM


I have a mommie.

She can give me a ride.

------------------

Is your god on the cover of a magizine?


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 03:40 PM


err...In her car.

------------------

Is your god on the cover of a magizine?


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 03:41 PM


Besides....how do you think I got there before I told you guys about it?

------------------

Is your god on the cover of a magizine?


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
Teucer
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 03:42 PM


All you guys who are bashing the tango people need to lay off. They don't run this thing for profit, and several help pay for it out of their own pockets.

They've had some growing pains, but thats a good sign. It means they're doing things right.

I say keep up the good work dune and company, and I'll make sure to get all my friends to prepay for the next one.

BTW, anyone who didn't get a spot and still wants some lan action can always go to dlp. www.dfwlanparty.com

------------------
Teucer


Click Here to See the Profile for Teucer   Click Here to Email Teucer    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 17153543UIN: 17153543       IP Logged
crustybot
Sergeant

Posts: 64
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-20-2001 04:07 PM


dj how old r u? cause when i saw u u looked like u were in ur late 20's but it seems u r still goin to school and u have a mommie old not to reak havok on the roads.

------------------
it is the new and improved crusty buttcrack. HEAR ME ROAR!


Click Here to See the Profile for crustybot   Click Here to Email crustybot    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to Anth Kenn    IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 206
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-20-2001 06:42 PM


So does your "mommie" disappear when you enter your 20's?

------------------
"last cs tournie was pretty goodlong but a lil" -viperx Shroomhd@3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
Teucer
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 09:22 PM


alright, I've decided to sell my prepaid spot at the March 24th tango. email me at grantr2@home.com if you're interested. First come, first serve.

------------------
Teucer


Click Here to See the Profile for Teucer   Click Here to Email Teucer    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 17153543UIN: 17153543       IP Logged
NeghVar
Private

Posts: 15
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 11:07 PM



Look people! Tango is not perfect and neither are we.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

As I recall, the first time tango had an event in the present room, not enough people came to cover the expenses and that ended up coming out of their pockets. The pre-pay will guarantee how many are coming. Before pre-pay, only about 55%-65% would show up.
However, I do think that timeslot feature should be put to better use. Even though I regestered early and pre-paid right when it became available. I understand the frustration of registering 2 months early and then being kicked out because of someone who came in and pre-paid a week before the event.
When registration for the next event comes around, pre-pay will be there from the start. no excuses for early registration but no pre-pay.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for NeghVar   Click Here to Email NeghVar    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 6704183UIN: 6704183       IP Logged
PSyCHo
Private

Posts: 9
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-21-2001 09:23 AM


Like they say.

"Money talks, Bullsh*t walks."

------------------
Joes_cool@hotmail.com


Click Here to See the Profile for PSyCHo   Click Here to Email PSyCHo    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1596123UIN: 1596123       IP Logged
Satanic Dj
Captain

Posts: 114
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-21-2001 11:43 PM


Originally posted by crustybot:
dj how old r u? cause when i saw u u looked like u were in ur late 20's but it seems u r still goin to school and u have a mommie old not to reak havok on the roads.

late 20s?

jeeze....

I'm 17 dude.

------------------

Is your god on the cover of a magizine?


Click Here to See the Profile for Satanic Dj   Click Here to Email Satanic Dj    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 56469426UIN: 56469426       IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-22-2001 01:57 PM


Originally posted by Satanic Dj:
I have a mommie.

She can give me a ride.

Car my ass... oh wait I'm sorry, CAR HER ASS.

------------------

Never stop gaming. Only get up to eat and pee.


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-22-2001 01:59 PM


Originally posted by crustybot:
dj how old r u? cause when i saw u u looked like u were in ur late 20's

Crusty you are possibly the worst judege of age I have ever spoken to. Dj is NOT in his late twenties. Try more along the lines of mid to early teens.

------------------

Never stop gaming. Only get up to eat and pee.


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-22-2001 02:08 PM


Originally posted by NeghVar:
I understand the frustration of registering 2 months early and then being kicked out because of someone who came in and pre-paid a week before the event.

I understand and appreciate your reasoning but if the pre-pay thing will now be continually instigated at all future TANGO events, I'm afraid I won't be attending any of them in the near future. I don't like putting my credit card number up on the net no matter HOW "secure" they say that my number will be, and I rarely have room on my card anyway.

But enuff of my ranting. In response to the dissapointing TANGO registration BS I got together as many of my friends that couldn't go (about 10) and several other people. We are planning to rent out the party house next to my friends apartment. There will be a LAN going on there this saturday and it will be about 5 bucks a head to help pay for the renting. Anyone who got buggered out of this TANGO might want to drop me a line. We'll try to save some room. It'll hold about 30+ peeps.

------------------

Never stop gaming. Only get up to eat and pee.


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
SARGE
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 03-22-2001 11:02 PM


Listen, I wasn't bashing the TANGO guys, as far as I'm concerned they are some of the most organized LANers around. I also undertand it was a tuff decision to make, and they made it. I was frustrated because I was within the first 125 to register, I have been working some massive hours implementing a new network at work, and didn't check to see if i got bumped, then I checked my email the day after they ran out of spaces. It was a domino effect. You can't make everyone happy, but at least they offered a semi-way out to get to another LAN party. DFW Lan. I have just been gaming with these guys since the days at Mikes and Dunes house. It's more of a preference of company or hanging with the guys I know, instead of location. So TANGO DUDES, keep on gaming on, and maybe I can catch a futre lan party with ya.
Be nice to these guys Mordichai.

------------------
<<**SARGE**>>
"Remember kiddies, don't forget to put on your secret decoder ring"


Click Here to See the Profile for SARGE   Click Here to Email SARGE    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
NeghVar
Private

Posts: 15
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-22-2001 11:39 PM


Paypal is not just credit cards, you can link it to your bank account instead.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for NeghVar   Click Here to Email NeghVar    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 6704183UIN: 6704183       IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-23-2001 01:57 PM


Originally posted by SARGE:
So TANGO DUDES, keep on gaming on, and maybe I can catch a futre lan party with ya.
Be nice to these guys Mordichai.

If I seemed like I was bashing TANGO I'm sorry. Like you said, these are some of most organized LAN peoples I've ever met, and I like you definately within the first 125 people to register. I love the events and love to game, but some of the stipulations of the event are just a little to much effort to make me want to bother with. The only real problem I have is the pre-pay. But they made the decision so I guess I just got bumped out of the loop on this one. It's gotta happen to somebody. I guess it was my turn.

But good luck on whatever happens and good gaming to you all.
§Þ

------------------

Never stop gaming. Only get up to eat and pee.


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
Mordichai
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 03-23-2001 01:59 PM


BTW. Please excuse the unbelieviably bad grammer of that last post. I have people bugging me while I write.

------------------

Never stop gaming. Only get up to eat and pee.


Click Here to See the Profile for Mordichai   Click Here to Email Mordichai    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30267853UIN: 30267853   Send an AIM Message to Thoth  Lynx    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 188
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-23-2001 02:48 PM


Originally posted by NeghVar:
Paypal is not just credit cards, you can link it to your bank account instead.

Regardless, takes more effort that some are willing to mess with. Gotta make it easier. HRMRMRM.

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://www.tangolan.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47