Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Discussion
  "TANGO" name...

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   "TANGO" name...
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 66
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-13-2000 02:31 PM


Alright TANGO people... We're at the point where we either drop the name TANGO or stick with it. I like the "Texas Area Network Gamers Organization", but the TANGO thing has got to go (IMHO). We're gamers, not dancers, and TANGO sounds gay. We're open to suggestions, but we need a more beefy-techy acronym for the group. Suggestions?

------------------
dune/3dR
www.3dretreat.com
tango.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
coolant
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-13-2000 02:41 PM


I love the name tango, keep it like that

------------------
- coolant


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to CoolantSV    IP Logged
j
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-13-2000 06:15 PM


the name tango has a reputation
the name is good

------------------
j
Event Coordinator
Gaming Specialist


Click Here to See the Profile for j   Click Here to Email j    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 63095567UIN: 63095567      Send a message to lund777UIN: 63095567 IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 66
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-13-2000 06:22 PM


oh... well, I guess I'm in error then

------------------
dune/3dR
www.3dretreat.com
tango.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 391
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-13-2000 06:26 PM


Tnago has to stay IMHO. We are five parties in and we have already gotten a name for ourselves. I can't see a significant reason to change it...I dig it.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
PaKeLiKa
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-13-2000 10:04 PM


Keep TANGO because it goes well with games that get played at the LANs. Like saying tango down. I dont know just my opinion and first post on here.

------------------
::Posted by PaKeLiKa "The Vizual Azzazzin" FSU gonna WHUT?!! FSU GONNA F**K SH*T UP!!!


Click Here to See the Profile for PaKeLiKa   Click Here to Email PaKeLiKa    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 65079065UIN: 65079065   Send an AIM Message to PaKeLiKa999    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 66
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-13-2000 10:36 PM


OOH.. "TANGO DOWN" would be a bad thing, no?

------------------
dune/3dR
www.3dretreat.com
tango.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
h00kupz
Private

Posts: 5
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-14-2000 11:43 AM


Tango is a hella-tight name! (yes I am a 22 year cartman wannabe :cool

.....
did you want real velveeta cheeze w/that?

------------------
www.anaxified.com
flAvainYaear!
tango.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for h00kupz   Click Here to Email h00kupz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 70496638UIN: 70496638   Send an AIM Message to tw0sm00th4u    IP Logged
Scooby
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-14-2000 03:39 PM


I must admit that I'm kinda fond of TANGO name also. I agree with J and Snicker, we have made a name and reputation.

'It's time to TANGO with the big dawgs'

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Scooby   Click Here to Email Scooby    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 506158UIN: 506158       IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 66
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-14-2000 04:26 PM


Alright guys, you've convinced me then. I'll finalize the logo and I'm going to work on getting T-Shirts made.

You think the T-Shirts should be the blue color on the site or black??

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://tango.3dretreat.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-14-2000 07:21 PM


Blue sounds cool to me!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged
PaKeLiKa
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-15-2000 08:20 AM


Blue is good but black is better. Just what I think. =P

------------------
::Posted by PaKeLiKa "The Vizual Azzazzin" FSU gonna WHUT?!! FSU GONNA F*#K SH#T UP!!!


Click Here to See the Profile for PaKeLiKa   Click Here to Email PaKeLiKa    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 65079065UIN: 65079065   Send an AIM Message to PaKeLiKa999    IP Logged
coolant
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-15-2000 12:26 PM


blue, blue with white text would look cool. Think we can email you ideas?

------------------
- coolant
If you head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to CoolantSV    IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 66
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-15-2000 12:45 PM


Yes please! I want all ideas... I've always like the small logo on the front left chest and some pimp stuff on the back. We need a good kicking slogan on the back though. Like "It takes 2 to TANGO, but only one is left standing". I dunno lame? Ideas?

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://tango.3dretreat.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
Hamhouke
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-15-2000 09:45 PM


Black gets my vote.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Hamhouke   Click Here to Email Hamhouke    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47