Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Discussion
  I.T.Aches, New2Tango

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   I.T.Aches, New2Tango
xyvyx
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 02-12-2001 07:38 PM


Yo

I'm kinda new to the TANGO scene and I was wondering if it would help to bring anything to the next LAN.. hubbage, extra cables, etc.. ?


Also, to save space/power, should I bring my 15" vs. my 19" monitor ? I've got a few other "should I bring..." type questions, got a FAQ that maybe I'm just missing ?

can't wait for some good Q3 action!

Cheers!

MC|Yoda
(no, a muppet, not a DJ! )


Click Here to See the Profile for xyvyx   Click Here to Email xyvyx    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2661995UIN: 2661995       IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 138
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-12-2001 10:21 PM


My checklist:

Monitor
Case
Cables (Cat 5, power, ect)
Power Strip
Mouse
Ratpad
Headphones
Money for food
All the CDs for your computer, games, drivers, OS.

don't forget your game =)


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 131
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 02-12-2001 11:01 PM


msg me on ICQ man

------------------
- coolant
coolant@ritual.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
xyvyx
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 02-13-2001 12:48 AM


Will do! (as soon as I get into work tomorrow... i leave ICQ on 24/7 there)

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for xyvyx   Click Here to Email xyvyx    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2661995UIN: 2661995       IP Logged
Scooby
3d Retreat

Posts: 64
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 02-13-2001 01:41 PM


Things to bring:

Your Computer
Complete with monitor, keyboard, pointing device, Etc. Ensure you bring headphones as speakers are not allowed due to noise levels.

As for your monitor, that's up to you. Space and power are always in short demand but somehow we always manage to meet everyone's needs. I'd hate to tell someone that have to bring a 15" monitor to game on.

As for cable and hub, we have changed our network layout. To begin, all network cabling will be provided by tango. One of our sponsors (Belkin www.belkin.com ) gave us over a mile of CAT-5 wire. Last weekend, the tango staff made enough cables to wire the entire room. All hubs will be centerally located at the front of the room to prevent accidental dammage. If you have a 10/100 HUB with more than 8 ports and plan to attend until closing (12:00pm) we would gladly place it up front with the other hubs.

Finally, on the subject of hubs, Clans are encouraged to bring their own hubs and be connected directly into our switch. At their request, we will limmit usage to their clan. If you are a clan and wish to do this, please e-mail me at scooby@tangolan.com so a I can ensure accomodations are made as I build the network.

Any other questions, please feel free to e-mail me at scooby@tangolan.com

------------------

Texas Area Network Gamers organization
http://www.tangolan.com

This message posted entirely with recycled electrons.


Click Here to See the Profile for Scooby   Click Here to Email Scooby    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 506158UIN: 506158       IP Logged
xyvyx
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 02-13-2001 02:29 PM


Yeah, the more I think about it, the 15" is a helluva lot easier to move around, so I may just bring it. No speakers eh ? guess that rules the sunfire out

ok really, I prefer headphones... less distraction, and they're so fashionable!

That's really cool about the cable! I had part of a spool left over from wiring up my house, but I guess it won't be needed. I was thinkin' about bringing a 16-port or 8-port switch (lil' Netgear ones). I wouldn't mind if others use it either, but I'm just a fan of FDX connections! From the pictures, it looks like ya'll have a Cisco 24 port model of one flavor or another.

I live fairly close by too, just a bit North of Independance/Legacy!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for xyvyx   Click Here to Email xyvyx    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2661995UIN: 2661995       IP Logged
dune
3d Retreat

Posts: 130
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-13-2001 10:33 PM


Originally posted by Scooby:

If you have a 10/100 HUB with more than 8 ports and plan to attend until closing (12:00pm) we would gladly place it up front with the other hubs.

OUCH! Since when do we close at 12:00pm? EEKS. hehehe

------------------
dune/3dR
http://www.3dretreat.com, 3d Retreat
http://www.tangolan.com, Texas Area Network Gamers Organization


Click Here to See the Profile for dune   Click Here to Email dune    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1399199UIN: 1399199       IP Logged
Scooby
3d Retreat

Posts: 64
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 02-14-2001 08:22 AM


Ok, so I was one minute off... 11:59PM

------------------

Texas Area Network Gamers organization
http://www.tangolan.com

This message posted entirely with recycled electrons.


Click Here to See the Profile for Scooby   Click Here to Email Scooby    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 506158UIN: 506158       IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 131
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 02-14-2001 02:55 PM


11:59:59 if i remember last time and then...a mad rush to our cars

------------------
- coolant
coolant@ritual.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47