|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() Next Event
![]() CS Tourney
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: CS Tourney | ||
|
[theHorde]daemon Newbie
Posts: 4 |
I would STRONGLY suggest the CS Tourney be changed to a 5v5 format if you want any of the good clans in the DFW area or TX for that matter to show up. Basically the CPL is nearing, April, and good clans are looking for CPL preps. This is the perfect time for TANGO to capitalize on this and change the format of the CS tournament to 5v5 or else the clans I've spoken with are not interested in attending. ------------------ | ||
|
The Columnist Private ![]()
Posts: 19 |
This is a non-issue since the tournament has been changed to 5v5 and I don't expect anyone to listen to me, but the above post sounds less like a "strong" suggestion and more like a threat. Holding the sword over someone's head isn't an effective way to get want you want unless you're the ancient ruler Damocles: "Hey man! None of the good clans will come to your LAN party if you don't change it to 5v5! We're training for the CPL in April and unless something changes at TANGO pretty soon all the clans I've spoken with are not interested in attending..." Possibly, a little more diplomatic way of suggesting this rule change could've been: "Although TANGO is not affiliated with the CPL, many of the local CS clans will want to practice for the upcoming CPL CS tourney. Our clan along with the majority of other clans play with the standard five players rather than the four in the TANGO tournament. Is there the possibility of changing the TANGO CS tourney to reflect this majority? It might also make the tournament go a little quicker having 5-man teams (50 players can play five matches rather than tweleve)." Like I said, this isn't really an issue and I'm sure that I'll be a target of derision for saying that civility and sportsmanship have a place at TANGO, but I wanted to voice my opinion. Thank you for taking the time to read this. ------------------ | ||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 165 |
Right on Columnist. ------------------ | ||
|
coolant 3d Retreat
Posts: 173 |
i accept ideas and I changed it to 5v5 so that tango can have more counterstrike clans. Any other suggestions? ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47