Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  [H]ardware

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   [H]ardware
Pappy
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-21-2000 10:41 PM


Anyone ever check out www.hardocp.com ? it's an awesome site!
Click Here to See the Profile for Pappy   Click Here to Email Pappy    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 55852329UIN: 55852329   Send an AIM Message to PappstersZ    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-21-2000 10:48 PM


Speaking of HardOCP, Kyle has been showing up at the TANGO lan parties. You can see a picture of him in the photo archives. Also, they make the Rat Padz which have to be the COOLEST mouse pads ever. Check them out!

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Absolut_Osu
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-21-2000 11:44 PM


Hey i'm in need of a mouse pad for my intellimouse explorer (kinda sticks to the desk). Anyone else have recommendations for mousepads? I guess it's hardware

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_Osu   Click Here to Email Absolut_Osu    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to    Send a message to  UIN: <a href=UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796 "> IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-21-2000 11:54 PM


quote:
Originally posted by Absolut_Osu:
Hey i'm in need of a mouse pad for my intellimouse explorer

I use a Rat Pad for my Intellimouse Explorer. IT is VERY responsive adn I like it a lot. I used to use a 3m mouse pad but those things don't last too long at all. This thing is solid! I will try to get you one at the next lan party (Nov. 4)

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Pappy
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-22-2000 12:17 AM


I also have an intellamouse explorer and use a ratpad. It is an awesome combo to have :-)

------------------
Allen "Pappy" Arnold
News/Reviews Guy
3dRetreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Pappy   Click Here to Email Pappy    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 55852329UIN: 55852329   Send an AIM Message to PappstersZ    IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 21
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-22-2000 12:27 AM


Sounds like the way to go. I agree with you Snicker about the 3M pad. I thought it was really nice at first but then it kinda goes and doesn't stick to the desk after a while. I was trying to just use my intellimouse explorer on the desk but it gathers to much dust on the pads and begins to stick.

That makes my already stale Rogue Spear abilities even worse.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 46
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 07:22 PM


Hmm- I think a frabic mouse pad works great- I notice glossy surfaces seem to cause too much fricition between my explorer and the pad- and since the grey touchy things on the bottom are sleak- nice frabic would go great- smooth as a baby's butt. I haven't really tried a expensve mouse pad- no money- but does it make a really big difference *thinking maybe my last mouse would've lasted longer and I wouldn't get pissed at it- If I didn't get crumbs all over my desk* lol

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Wingy
3d Retreat

Posts: 21
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 08:02 PM


I figure, I need to reply to this post, for 2 reasons:

1) I can't see spending $60 on a mouse, and
2) Because I wanna see my new signature.

Sorry guys, I'm sure the intellimouse is great, but it's still a bit pricey, wuoldn't you say?

------------------
--Wingy:-þ
/me snickers at Pappy for putting Reynolds-Wrap all over Maxwell Edison.


Click Here to See the Profile for Wingy   Click Here to Email Wingy    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 59328593UIN: 59328593       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 46
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 08:18 PM


Well I got mine for free- due to pointclick.com- and it reimbursed me. But I would buy it now- even if I wouldn't be reimbursed. Since I eat during RS matches (during loading and the lng chat that I sometimes don't participate in) dirt and stuff finds its way on my mouse rollers. It sucks cleaning the mouse- scrapping the crap off of it. Oh well...now that is all over- and the great thing is that - it is precise as hell. OH yea- one thing is that microsoft is great. My mouse was malfunctioning- and I submitted a support- well they figured that my mouse broke- I think it was due to heat- but it would freeze my compputer- sent me another mouse in 2 days- I was very pleased with the customer suppot!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 08:54 PM


I a ball moouse is just way to old school. After using my intellimouse explorer, my ball moust at work frustrates me a lot! It is just one of those things that you learn to not be able to live without :-) I consider it as important of a mouse addition as the scrolling wheel Once you get a mouse with a scrolling wheel, you can never use one with out one.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 46
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 10:40 PM


Oh yea- if you're a leftie- I would not cinsider getting this mouse- Righties only- and my hand fits perfectly on it- *ooooooo* I love its ergonomics- LOL

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Dungheap
3d Retreat

Posts: 38
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 09:54 PM


I have both the RatPad and the Everglide Giganta. They both are nice mouse pads. I prefer the RatPad for gaming, and oddly enough the Everglide for business apps. Why? I haven't the foggiest, however the RatPad is in my apt, while the Everglide is on my desk at work.

The Everglide is more expensive. If you don't get a freebie from Snick, the RatPad can be found for $13 at some of the overclocking shops. Search HardOCP for $13 and you should find the name of the stores.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Dungheap   Click Here to Email Dungheap    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
sniper
Moderator

Posts: 473
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-17-2001 06:36 PM


MS Intellimouse Optical + RatPad = Kick Butt Fragging!

What is [H]ard|OCP Pappy?

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!


*I have a ratpad BTW..

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer
http://roguespear.3dretreat.com - RS Retreat
http://www.3dretreat.com - 3d Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190       IP Logged
Warthog
Sergeant

Posts: 74
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-28-2001 04:14 PM


I go to www.sysopt.com for hardware.

For my Intellimouse, I use a standard pad that you can find at Staples....it seems to work fine. What are the advantages of the supposedly better "Ratpad"s?

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Sgt.Caffeine
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 03-20-2001 10:14 AM


Speaking of [H]ardOCP, For the EFNET users there feel free to stop by #hardocp

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Sgt.Caffeine   Click Here to Email Sgt.Caffeine    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 29173680UIN: 29173680   Send an AIM Message to SgtCaffeine    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47