Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  Adventures with AMD

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Adventures with AMD
Funkss
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 01:47 PM


Well in about a day or so I'll be receiving a AMD 700 Duron and a new motherboard to replace my aging 366 celeron. I'm still keeping my voodoo 3 and 96 megs(pc100) for now, until my next paycheck I can't wait to see Deus EX and Rogue Spear on it. Any suggestions or comments on potential issues or something like that ?

------------------
Head Honcho at R6 Funnies - http://roguespear.3dretreat.com/r6funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Funkss   Click Here to Email Funkss    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 16151933UIN: 16151933   Send an AIM Message to Funksss   Send a message to fadetofunkUIN: 16151933 IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 323
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 02:01 PM


What operating system you running? I had some issues with an AMD/Windows 2000/and Nvidia video cards at my old job. I believe AMD released a patch for it though. Anyways, enjoy your screaming machine :-)

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 35
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 02:14 PM


As long as you have no incompatibility issues you will see a world of difference in Rogue Spear compared to your old celeron. It will definitly run flawlessly at 1024x768 with no slow downs. I'm not sure about resolutions over 1024x768.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47