Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  MS IntelliMouse

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   MS IntelliMouse
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 79
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 12:38 AM


I'm looking into buying the MS IntelliMouse Explorer... I have heard a lot about it!!! is it just awsome or what? What are your likes and dislikes about it. How does it perform in games? Graphic editing? why should I pay $70 for it? (or whatever the price) please comment on it!!! and tell me what you think!!

I'm gonna Beat up old mice any sec now and I need a new one!!! thanx..

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
Reynolds-Wrap
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 12:50 AM


I don't have an Intellimouse Explorer, but I do have an Intellimouse w/Intellieye, and gawd damn man it kicks the hell out of any standard mouse I've ever used. Optical mice are great for gaming and graphics... I dunno if I would pay $70 for it (I got my mouse for $30 2 months ago), but it's definately worth a good chunk of change... I mean, your keyboard and your mouse are what you use most to communicate with your computer what you want it to do! So it's important...

My only complaint, which is not a complaint, is that sometimes the mouse will be on a funky patterned surface and start quivering around on-screen, but it's kind of entertaining, and stops when I start using the mouse again!

/me loves his Microsoft Natural Keyboard, too.

------------------
David Edward Burt
aka Reynolds Wrap
ICQ: 8121031 | AOLIM: NASANut582


Click Here to See the Profile for Reynolds-Wrap   Click Here to Email Reynolds-Wrap    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 8121031UIN: 8121031   Send an AIM Message to NASANut582    IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 35
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 11:17 AM


I love my Intellimouse Explorer. I like the bigger shape better than the small intellimouse w/ intellieye. Mine has basically been through hell and back and still works. It's so scratched up, the cord has elictrical tape on it, It's been dropped off my desk SEVERAL times, and I've had it for a year and a half now and everything on it works perfectly.

The other think i like about the Explorer is there are no buttons on the right side of the mouse. I tested the Intellimouse w/ Intellieye and it has a button on the right side that felt like it was in the way. This is just a personal preference though.

Good Mousy.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 323
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 11:36 AM


I recommend going to the Reviews section on 3d Retreat and reading our reviews on the MS Intellimouse Explorer and on the Razor Boomslang, the two most popular mice being used. That should help you figure things out.
http://www.3dretreat.com/reviews/index.shtml

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 46
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 02:55 PM


I love this mouse- everything is great- I especially like th buttons on the side- back and forward- makes everything easier. Another thing is that I love its size. I'm on a college campus rigth now and these mices are so goddamn small- like my fingers fit on it but my palm is on the pad. The explorer will curve around your hand and it is so relaxing the first time. It is great for gaming as well- because the extra keys- can help you change a mag- or climb- or snipe- all with a click of a button!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Fitz
3d Retreat

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 05:23 PM


I love mine. But if you have a small hand (and we know what they say about people with small hands !) you might not like it. But they make other IntelliEye mice that are not in the shape of the explorer. They make one with the more convential mouse design. I say get one.

------------------
-Fitz (AKA: The Other White Meat)

News Editor/Interviewer
RS Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz   Click Here to Email Fitz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30531045UIN: 30531045   Send an AIM Message to Pie4Fitz   Send a message to JoeFitz_UIN: 30531045 IP Logged
mialutz
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 09:08 PM


u can't go wrong with it....best mouse ever...

MIA=ASP=

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for mialutz   Click Here to Email mialutz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 79
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 09:56 PM


Ok SWEET!! Sound like a kick a$$ mice I have decided to buy!!

I just confirmed that I will be getting my new comp this weekend or next! and I will be making my comp so with that.. thanx for your comments, and info on it!!

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer
http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
Fitz
3d Retreat

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-27-2000 04:11 PM


I thought you bought a dell.

------------------
-Fitz (AKA: The Other White Meat)

News Editor/Interviewer
RS Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz   Click Here to Email Fitz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30531045UIN: 30531045   Send an AIM Message to Pie4Fitz   Send a message to JoeFitz_UIN: 30531045 IP Logged
chrispix
Private

Posts: 14
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-27-2000 05:08 PM


Intelli mouse explorer. I have it and love it.. But just recently, like a lot of my pervious mice.. My cable has started to degridate right where the cable and mouse join.. MS did a good job leaving some room at the front of the mouse for movement, but My mouse has stopped responding on occasion, and I have to wiggle the wire until the light comes back on to get it working again.. Anyone else have a similar issue?

------------------
/Chrispix


Click Here to See the Profile for chrispix   Click Here to Email chrispix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24178629UIN: 24178629      Send a message to chrispix99UIN: 24178629 IP Logged
Dungheap
3d Retreat

Posts: 15
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-28-2000 01:33 AM


quote:
Originally posted by chrispix:
Intelli mouse explorer. I have it and love it.. But just recently, like a lot of my pervious mice.. My cable has started to degridate right where the cable and mouse join.. MS did a good job leaving some room at the front of the mouse for movement, but My mouse has stopped responding on occasion, and I have to wiggle the wire until the light comes back on to get it working again.. Anyone else have a similar issue?



This is a known issue. I'll dig around, but there is a Tool Free warranty replacement number that you call and MS will replace it with no ?s asked


Click Here to See the Profile for Dungheap   Click Here to Email Dungheap    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Funkss
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-29-2000 02:35 PM


I have a logitech optical mouse (the $30 version) I haven't had a single problem with it ever since I got it 2 months ago. And now that Red Alert 2 is out it is now getting a good work out

------------------
Head Honcho at R6 Funnies - http://roguespear.3dretreat.com/r6funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Funkss   Click Here to Email Funkss    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 16151933UIN: 16151933   Send an AIM Message to Funksss   Send a message to fadetofunkUIN: 16151933 IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 46
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-29-2000 10:07 PM


I would talk to MS support. They are the greatest. I think I left it out in the dsun too long- my room no ac- and it was like 110 that day. Afterwards, it started to hang mys sytem- told ms and they sent me another- Great guys at MS!!!!!!!!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
SamTheMan
Sergeant

Posts: 57
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-08-2000 10:19 PM


It flyes across the screen sometimes when you jerk it to quick

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47