|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() Tech/Hardware
![]() Network Card
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: Network Card | ||
|
Ram Private ![]()
Posts: 8 |
Can anyone tell me the best or a good network card to use with Roadrunner? | ||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 323 |
My experience has shown that 3com network cards are the best performing but also the most expensive. ------------------ | ||
|
Ram Private ![]()
Posts: 8 |
Thanks for the info. ------------------ | ||
|
sniper 3d Retreat
Posts: 79 |
I picked up a $15.00 dollar network card at Office Depot about 2 months ago and it works great for my dsl, It is a Linksys. I wouldne't suggest getting one of the mighty expensive ones that are a few hundred dollars it is a waist of money if your gonna use it at home. If it was a buisness or a company, get oneYes 3com makes awsome cards but they tend to be really expensive! ------------------ | ||
|
Ram Private ![]()
Posts: 8 |
Thanks sniper. I will keep that in mind as it's getting harder every day trying to hide any new toys from the wife. ------------------ | ||
|
Pappy 3d Retreat
Posts: 20 |
I have a D-Link 530TX+ 10/100 eathernet card.. It seems to handle the higher buss speeds I run at better then the 3Com counterpart. It's only about $15 at any local computer store. Check out http://www.dlink.com ------------------ | ||
|
Scooby 3d Retreat
Posts: 3 |
I have tried just about every major brand on the market. Money aside, my first preference is always 3Com. However, 3Com can be as much as 3 times the cost of everyone elce. Taking money into account, I always buy Netgear. They build quality equipment at a competidive price. Most of their equipment is based on the Intel chipset. They have a comprehensive product line for the SOHO including hubs, switches and routers. NetGear is owned by Bay Networks, who is in turn owned by Nortel Networks. All the way up the line, there is quality in the name. ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47