Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  Elsa Gladiac Ge-Force 2 GTS; BAD Flickering

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Elsa Gladiac Ge-Force 2 GTS; BAD Flickering
IpimpedU
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-13-2000 10:15 PM


Does anyone know why I am getting flickering in all of my games with my new Elsa Gladiac Ge-Force 2 GTS? It runs allright in Half-Life. But when I try to play Heavy Gear 2, everything is distorted and I cant even play. I tried Elsa's original drivers, I tried Nvidia's Detanator 3 drivers, and I tried Elsa's most recent drivers, but no luck, it keeps flickering bad! My computer class teacher says I should take the card back and exchange it for a new one. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the flickering?
Click Here to See the Profile for IpimpedU   Click Here to Email IpimpedU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-14-2000 12:06 AM


I would highly recommend downloading DX8 as well as the leaked 6.47 NVidia drivers. You can find them at www.3dchipset.com

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
IpimpedU
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-14-2000 09:17 AM


I have DX8 and it didn't fix the flickering. I was thinking, would the monitor refresh rate being set too high be causing the flickering?
Click Here to See the Profile for IpimpedU   Click Here to Email IpimpedU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Drunk
Moderator

Posts: 348
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-14-2000 05:03 PM


I have exactly the same card but i get a melting on my screen looks pretty cool for a while then the whole screen becomes distorted . Never had a prob with flickering, what OS are you running? when i ran WINME i had trobules in ME but with WIN 95 everything seems to be back and working *ok*.

------------------
CONFUCIUS SAY . .Man who put head on Rail Road track to listen for train likely to end up with splitting headache.
Webmaster of the Funniest Clan Site In The World and of course The Rogue Spear Funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged
IpimpedU
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-15-2000 09:23 AM


I am running under Windows 98. I think I am just going to take it back and exchange it for a new one.
Click Here to See the Profile for IpimpedU   Click Here to Email IpimpedU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
IpimpedU
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-17-2000 05:14 PM


Hey Snicker, Thanks!!!! The 6.47 drivers along with DX8 works great!!!! No flickering any more. Thanks again!!!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for IpimpedU   Click Here to Email IpimpedU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 894
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-18-2000 02:39 AM


Whoa cool, glad to be of help!

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47