Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  PR6x86 200 + W2K

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   PR6x86 200 + W2K
chrispix
Sergeant

Posts: 78
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-21-2000 08:40 PM


Ok, I have a question, does anyone know why my PR6x86 200mhz is not working with windows 2000.. I have tried booting from floppy. booting from cd, installing on another computer on the HD then putting the hard drive in..

Anyway I keep getting blue screens.. and it pretty much sucks.. so.. Anyone else got some suggestions.. I know ditch the computer, but i have a PR-150 with w2k server running on it just fine.. so why is the 200mhz one not working? Oh well.. I guess thats life.. dang it.. I need a SQL server for hard ware.. I guess i can install it on my 150mhz (yuck) oh well. hee hee.. thats life.. might as well make my lovley cyrix 150 life misserable..

------------------
/Chrispix
<a href="http://www.chrispix.com">My homepage of pixemon, webcam and more</a>


Click Here to See the Profile for chrispix   Click Here to Email chrispix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24178629UIN: 24178629   Send an AIM Message to ctravis77   Send a message to chrispix99UIN: 24178629 IP Logged
coolant
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-23-2000 10:17 AM


try replacing the RAM *shrugs*

------------------
- coolant
coolant@ritual.com
If your head is made out of butter, stay away from the fire.


Click Here to See the Profile for coolant   Click Here to Email coolant    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 100282766UIN: 100282766   Send an AIM Message to coolantsv    IP Logged
chrispix
Sergeant

Posts: 78
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-24-2000 11:07 AM


I tried that and still no go.. the other thing that I have a question about is In windows 2000 is there any way to over ride what processor it sees? It thinks my cyrix 6x86 150 is a 486.. I thought it was based more on the 5x86 chipset.. anyway.. If you can tell me how to over ride what w2k sees that would let me install SQL 7.0 :P

Thanks

------------------
/Chrispix
<a href="http://www.chrispix.com">My homepage of pixemon, webcam and more</a>


Click Here to See the Profile for chrispix   Click Here to Email chrispix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24178629UIN: 24178629   Send an AIM Message to ctravis77   Send a message to chrispix99UIN: 24178629 IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47