Help!I've been having problems with my computer ever since installing Rogue Spear. In the game, and in other games such as Thief II, Deus Ex and the Desperados demo, after a few minutes play, the sound goes and is replaced by a high pitched (and rather loud) whine.
All games were working fine before RS was installed.
My computer setup is as follows:
AMD Athlon 1GHz
320Mb RAM
SB Live 1024 (driver version 8)
Voodoo3 3000 AGP graphics
DirectX 8.0 (or could be 8.0a - not sure which)
Has anyone else come across similar problems? My theory is that it's a software rather than a hardware problem, as it only occurred after installing RS - so may be a problem with DX8 and a RS file.
I would appreciate any assistance.
Thanks.
Oh, and 'hello', BTW. I'm new to this forum, but I've been playing RS & R6 since they came out!