Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  PATCHING PROBLEMS

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   PATCHING PROBLEMS
GutRecoil
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: May 2001

posted 05-12-2001 03:05 PM


Aloha,
I'm new to the online gaming...and am having trouble getting anywhere

I use windows 98.
I have Rogue Spear and Urban Operations.
Problem is two fold...
1. I downloaded the UK Urban Ops patch from the Red Storm site...being from the UK I thought this logical...however when running the instalation shield it tells me the patch is for the US version and to get the right one!!!!

I checked and I have downloaded the UK one!?

2. I bought the Rogue Spear game a while ago and am prompted to update to the most recent patch to play online...
Of course this patch comes with Urban Operations....
My problem is a friend broke the CD with his fat ass and I had to use a crack...I reckon this is preventing the ROgue Spear patch (DIFFERENT PATCH TO THE URBAN OPERATIONS ONE) from installing fully as I get a message saying one of the files has the right name but not the right stuff..blah blah.

ANy suggestions...I'd rather not have to buy the game again and reinstall as I have completed it and therefore have all levels open to me


MANY THANKS


Click Here to See the Profile for GutRecoil   Click Here to Email GutRecoil    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47