Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Tech/Hardware
  Video Card - ATI causing problems?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Video Card - ATI causing problems?
porchjunky
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 08-01-2001 04:36 PM


I built a system a few months ago, and also was introduced to Rogue Spear. Now that I am addicted, I need to figure out a problem so I continue to ignore my life, and enjoy this game.

Rogue Spear locks up on me for no reason, especially when I run Multiplayer. I seem to have video card problems with Rogue Spear and my ATI Radeon 64 MB AGP DDR Card. I can't find whether or not this card has issues with Rogue Spear. Any recommendations? (I do run Rogue Spear at High Res, 1024x768.)

I am running:
AMD 1.2 Ghtz 266 fsb w/ 512 DDR RAM
Asus A7A266 MB w/ built sound
ATI Radeon 64 MB DDR AGP Card
on Windows 98 SE

Tips and Suggestions are greatly appreciated, you will be contributing to my addiction.


Click Here to See the Profile for porchjunky   Click Here to Email porchjunky    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 915
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 08-03-2001 11:27 PM


Make sure you get all the latest drivers for all your hardware.

Any chance your machine doesn't have propper cooling? Lockups can be caused by your machine getting too hot and running games like that will make it hotter.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
porchjunky
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 08-05-2001 12:33 AM


Found the culprit. It wasn't the video card at all! It was a bad RAM module. Go figure. Still, runs great on a single 256 DDR module!

Thanks for the reply!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for porchjunky   Click Here to Email porchjunky    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
F.B.I Swat Leader
Private

Posts: 9
Registered: Aug 2001

posted 08-11-2001 03:32 AM


you need to download direct x8.0a remine you that file is over 25mb in size http://www.microsoft.com/directx/default.asp
but I don't agree with you what you said about your computer getting hot and can cause poblems (thats why there is 2 sets of fans inside the tower dude)so not really has anything to do with hot inside your tower,

also you should get your game updates if there is any go to there site and get updates for it if the game has autoupdate run that, you make sure your on 16bit color and also have all colors installed to do that right click anywhere on desktop and go down to properties click on that go to settings while your there you see your set on color it should be only on 16bit color if 24bit then can make problems too now click on advanced now go to color managenment now if there is no names in the list then push on add now once another window opens if the icons are grey then right click on each icon and push install profile keep doing that intell each one is install once done now select 1 name and push add keep doing that intell you get all the icons in the list don't forget to push apply when done.

this tip should help you out for your os computer if not info me some more of current problems or new ones be glad to help you out on anything with windows.

------------------
I'M JOHN WORKING FOR SWAT 3(EE) AS A MEMBER THERE T Brand{F.B.I} Swat Leader.Copyright(2001 F.B.I On-Line,Inc.)All Rights Reserved {THE MANAGER OF THE F.B.I SWAT TEAM}

http://swat3fbiswatteam.homestead.com/index.html
http://communities.msn.ca/WelcomeToFBISwatLeaderTeamClanWebSite
http://pub65.ezboard.com/bonlinegames53922


Click Here to See the Profile for F.B.I Swat Leader   Click Here to Email F.B.I Swat Leader    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 35943791UIN: 35943791      Send a message to swat3commanderUIN: 35943791 IP Logged
F.B.I Swat Leader
Private

Posts: 9
Registered: Aug 2001

posted 08-11-2001 03:35 AM


I forgot to say you also need to buy more memory if your motherboard can hole more ram anything running with 32mb and 64mb ram is going to cause computer to frzz up because in fact there is alot it needs to play any game with all the colors movement and sound take all that together and there you go so another tip try to get up to 128mb ram so if you already have 64mb ram then get another 64mb ram if it can hole more then cool some motherboards are limited to 168pin with 128mb ram it can hold the dim pin can hole little more but all that really depends on your system with that.

------------------
I'M JOHN WORKING FOR SWAT 3(EE) AS A MEMBER THERE T Brand{F.B.I} Swat Leader.Copyright(2001 F.B.I On-Line,Inc.)All Rights Reserved {THE MANAGER OF THE F.B.I SWAT TEAM}

http://swat3fbiswatteam.homestead.com/index.html
http://communities.msn.ca/WelcomeToFBISwatLeaderTeamClanWebSite
http://pub65.ezboard.com/bonlinegames53922


Click Here to See the Profile for F.B.I Swat Leader   Click Here to Email F.B.I Swat Leader    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 35943791UIN: 35943791      Send a message to swat3commanderUIN: 35943791 IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47