Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  Rainbow Six Collectors Edition

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Rainbow Six Collectors Edition
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 626
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-21-2000 02:54 PM


Red Storm Entertainment has announced that Rainbow Six: Collectors Edition has shipped and will be around in time for the holidays. It contains 7 cds total and appears to have Covert Ops in it as well which includes an extra cd that wasn't in the retail version of Covert Ops. This cd apparently contains more behind the scenes footage, interviews and tactics, not included in the original.

Morrisville, NC ---November 21, 2000 Due to the amazing success of Red Storm's Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series of games, the company is shipping today a Collector's Edition of the PC franchise just in time for the holidays. The Collector's Edition contains seven CDs and one compilation Prima strategy guide covering the entire Rainbow Six PC series.

This is truly the ultimate collection for the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six series of games, right at your fingertips. You will travel the world and fight terrorism in the jungles of the Congo with the original Rainbow Six and discover India's breathtaking Taj Mahal in the mission pack, Eagle Watch. Grab your snow gear to battle terrorists in Eastern Europe with the full-length sequel, Rogue Spear and then take it to the downtown streets of Mexico City to protect innocent civilians in the mission pack, Urban Operations.

After saving untold numbers of lives across the globe, you may need a little physical rest, but you've got to keep your mind sharp. Get the most up-to-date information about covert operations tactics from the best sources available, right from your own home. Covert Ops: Essentials gives you video interviews with Tom Clancy, FBI instructors and real life covert operatives. All the detailed information you need about weapons and tactics is included here. You'll then be able to test your skills in specially created training levels, and 3 full scales levels, all new for Covert Ops: Essentials. As a special bonus, only in the Collector's Pack, you'll receive a 3rd Covert Ops: Essentials disc that contains even more behind the scenes footage, interviews and tactics, not included in the original. A special edition Prima guide will give you all the tools you need to successfully complete each mission.


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Lt_Colonel
Sergeant

Posts: 56
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-31-2000 03:59 PM


I got the collectors edition for christmas. I've tryed playing it but for some reason it won't let me so as of right now it is a rip off. What a shame i was thoroughly impressed by Rogue Spear.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Lt_Colonel    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 86314364UIN: 86314364       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 626
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-31-2000 06:59 PM


If you are a little more specific about not being able to play it, I am sure there are several people who could offer some advice and help you out!

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
ghost397
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-01-2001 04:18 AM


I just noticed something. In the Rogue Spear forum I listed the differences between the two versions of the collector's edition. Well, I missed one.

tin box has a 3rd covert essentials cd according to the above press release.
basic (green box) does NOT.

*razafrackin'sonofa...*

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for ghost397    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Lt_Colonel
Sergeant

Posts: 56
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-01-2001 11:27 AM


OK... what i mean by saying not able to play it, is that i can go into the games, set up the mission, start the action phase and it crashes back to my desktop, despite all my efforts to get it fixed..... I have a topic on it.... if you visit you will be able to get all the info you need on what my problem is and maybe you can help fix it

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Lt_Colonel    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 86314364UIN: 86314364       IP Logged
Lt_Colonel
Sergeant

Posts: 56
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-01-2001 11:31 AM


my forum is listed in the general r6/rogue spear selection thing and snicker, i think you've replied to it

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Lt_Colonel    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 86314364UIN: 86314364       IP Logged
Capmanjr
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 01-09-2001 03:13 PM


I got the Collectors Set for Christmas. I opened it...It is great. I had already had Rouge Spear so I didn't really want it anymore. So I tried to bring it back and they wouldn't let me. I want to sell it now. I am looking for $50. It is on ebay.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Capmanjr   Click Here to Email Capmanjr    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 81838675UIN: 81838675       IP Logged
Lt_Colonel
Sergeant

Posts: 56
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-09-2001 03:28 PM


So... you didn't have any problems with the game at all??? I'm having tons of problems.... what are your configurations for the game?

------------------
One shot One Kill--- always play your game like that!


Click Here to See the Profile for Lt_Colonel    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 86314364UIN: 86314364       IP Logged
Rick
Private

Posts: 15
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-09-2001 09:26 PM


Have you had this problem with any other game?

------------------
- Rick


Click Here to See the Profile for Rick   Click Here to Email Rick    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 98333605UIN: 98333605       IP Logged
ghost397
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-14-2001 01:12 PM


Correction yet again. The basic version DOES have the third CE disk. I didn't realize that the first two came in one case. (No, I hadn't opened it until today. I've been busy. :P )

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for ghost397    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47