Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  MacGamer's Ledge preview of RS for the Mac

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   MacGamer's Ledge preview of RS for the Mac
CR6
3d Retreat

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-26-2000 04:29 PM


Our Mac brothers-in-arms over at MacGamer's Ledge have posted this preview of Rogue Spear for the Mac. Check out this well-written snippet that reflects what us PC gamers have known for the past year already ;-)

"Consider how, despite your burning urge to let the hot lead fly, you cannot afford to let terrorists know you're on the move lest they start murdering hostages. You are bound by this restriction and yet it also charges you and stimulates your creativity and precision to make surgical strikes on the unwary enemy and neutralize him with artful efficiency. Under this extreme pressure the victory tastes just that much sweeter when you are successful. I freely admit that Rogue Spear has given me most of my favourite multiplayer experiences in spite of the fact I find it ten times harder than any other first person shooter I've ever played. The tension is higher. The tactics are more precise. The stakes are greater. The losses come at a greater cost. Most of all, winning is proof that you possess at least some degree of skill; you have to... these missions demand it.

If it sounds as if I'm completely sold on Rogue Spear, there's a simple explanation: I am."

Wow, it sure inspires me to fire up RS again :-) In any case, a few questions are still left unanswered that I'd like to know, such as whether the Mac RS engine has been upgraded with fixes found in the UO v2.51 beta, and if Mac's can hook up with us PC gamers for some good ol' PC vs. Mac grudge matches!


Click Here to See the Profile for CR6   Click Here to Email CR6    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to n/a   Send a message to n/aUIN: IP Logged
Shroomhd
Private

Posts: 31
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-26-2000 04:46 PM


My friend with the killer G4 and kick arse connection will host it up then. I am almost positive Mac gamer will be able to hook up with PC players, because I have played regular R6/EW with my friend who only has Macs.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
SPEC_Scaramanga
Private

Posts: 5
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-27-2000 09:06 PM


I love would to play against some MAC players.. I would host MACs vs. REAL PCs! That would be fun! I i've always wanted to beat the crap out of some sissy MAC users! Any MAC users out there e-mail so we can get to together and play!! Have a nice day!
Click Here to See the Profile for SPEC_Scaramanga   Click Here to Email SPEC_Scaramanga    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to None   Send a message to NoneUIN: IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47