Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  Shock the Monkey

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Shock the Monkey
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 476
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 04:03 PM


Have you guys seen the Shock the Monkey banner yet? It's pretty funky, it is similiar to the Punch the Monkey but it actually lets you shoot the gun and has sounds. I noticed that whenever that banner is shown, by browser takes up 99% of my cpu and then when I change pages, it dissappears. Darn Java applet...the cool thing is, I just got word from two people that if you win and give your address, you get a free stuffed monkey! It takes a few months to get it but it is true, I kid you not.
Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Shroomhd
Private

Posts: 42
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 09:08 PM


OMG stop spamming your add banners!!!!!!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 476
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 09:23 PM


I am confused...why am I not allowed to talk about a banner that runs on my site? How does it effect you? I found two things very interesting and I stated them....deal with it.

1) The freaking banner takes up 90% of my cpu when it is running. That is BAD

2) You can get a free stuffed monkey from the site and two people have told me about it. I think that is cool.

So, why again don't you want me talk about stuff that visitors on the site contact me about?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Shroomhd
Private

Posts: 42
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 09:28 PM


OK...

Correct me if I am wrong but you are the spam king?

And correct me if I am wrong you do get payment somehow by people clicking on your add banners?

EDIT: Oh who contacted you about that?

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 476
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 09:33 PM


The 3d Retreat makes money off banners on our site. Duh....but how does that make it a problem when I talk about a banner? People emailed me so it is something interesting on the site. It isn't taboo to talk about banners, deal with it. You weren't one of those people so you don't care about things like that on the site. That is cool...but why do you have a problem when other people talk about?

*edit: I just icq'd you their names, what does that have to do with anything???

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Shroomhd
Private

Posts: 42
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-30-2000 10:12 PM


And a truse was called over ICQ.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
Drunk
Captain

Posts: 125
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-01-2000 04:09 AM


lol, i just got 185 banana bucks weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i think that regular site viewers should contribute 10 seconds just to click a banner cause it will keep this site growing.

------------------
CONFUCIUS SAY . .Man who put head on Rail Road track to listen for train likely to end up with splitting headache.
Webmaster of the Funniest Clan Site In The World and of course The Rogue Spear Funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged
David
Sergeant

Posts: 57
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-01-2000 08:56 AM


That monkey banner is annoying, goin back and forth, back and forth. Over and over again on my site. LOL, I sometimes have to much fun shockin him..

------------------
David
Davids Mods


Click Here to See the Profile for David   Click Here to Email David    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 27917600UIN: 27917600       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47