Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  R6 Collectors Edition: Two Versions?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   R6 Collectors Edition: Two Versions?
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 594
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-23-2000 02:34 AM


In Best Buy I have seen the R6 Collectors Edition going for around $70 and it comes in a real tin box of sorts. While at Wal-Mart, I saw the collectors edition in a regular cardboard box for like $40. What is going on? Anyone else noticed this?
Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Infrared_Sight
Private

Posts: 37
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-23-2000 02:45 AM


who goes to wall-mart?

------------------
I n f r a r e d _ S i g h t

Do you know what a dog needs? A bitch!

Infrared's Tactics -Webmatser


Click Here to See the Profile for Infrared_Sight    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 90
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-23-2000 03:58 AM


Lots of people.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
Infrared_Sight
Private

Posts: 37
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-23-2000 05:22 AM


I know I was only kidding, lol.

------------------
I n f r a r e d _ S i g h t

Do you know what a dog needs? A bitch!

Infrared's Tactics -Webmatser


Click Here to See the Profile for Infrared_Sight    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
CR6
3d Retreat

Posts: 13
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-23-2000 08:04 AM


Snicker, I saw the "real" collector's edition here in Canada for US$67 and it is in a HUGE box!!! Remember the box has to be big enough to hold 7 CDs, 3 manuals, and a thick Prima guide. I'm curious to know what you saw at Wal-Mart (yes, my wife and I shop there all the time!) - was it in a RS/UO sized box with a grey cover? That would be unusual to sell it so cheap!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for CR6   Click Here to Email CR6    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to n/a   Send a message to n/aUIN: IP Logged
Raider
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-23-2000 09:34 AM


The only reason wal-mart had a regular box is because there scared the hicks might hurt themselves with a metal box!

j/k

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Raider   Click Here to Email Raider    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Berzerk_Psyc0
Private

Posts: 12
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-23-2000 12:20 PM


The one tin box has R6, Eagle Watch, RS, UO, and COE. The other cheaper box contains RS, UO, and im not sure but I think COE also.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Berzerk_Psyc0   Click Here to Email Berzerk_Psyc0    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 84463405UIN: 84463405   Send an AIM Message to fonicsmonkey15    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 594
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-23-2000 12:56 PM


It was called R6 Collectors Edition -something-

I forget the extra verbage it had on it. Maybe it didn't have COE but I could have sworn when I looked it had it.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Elf
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-24-2000 05:45 PM


Me and my Girlfriend went Christmas shopping yesterday and we got the R6 Collectors Edition "Basic", it comes in a normal, green paper box instead of tin, so far this is the only difference I have noticed ( Other then the price being only $60 )

------------------
-Elf-
rb6.stomped.com(News Guy)
elf@stomped.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Elf   Click Here to Email Elf    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30830702UIN: 30830702       IP Logged
Infrared_Sight
Private

Posts: 37
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-25-2000 01:31 AM


I already got R6, EW, RS, UO, CO, Strategy guides as well, thats.

$29.99 For Rainbow Six Gold & Gold Strategy guide
$49.99 For Rogue Spear
$12.99 For Rogue Spear Strategy Guide
$19.99 For Urban Ups
$29.99 For Rogue Spear
-----------------------
-----------------------
$29.99
$49.99
$12.99
$19.99
$29.99
----------------------
Total
----------------------
$142.92
-----------
After Taxes
-----------
$152.02

------------------
I n f r a r e d _ S i g h t

Do you know what a dog needs? A bitch!

Infrared's Tactics -Webmatser


Click Here to See the Profile for Infrared_Sight    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
ghost397
Private

Posts: 11
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-26-2000 03:51 PM


Allow me to resolve the issue.

Background (skip this paragraph if you don't care why I know all this): I was out shopping on xmas eve (aren't I nuts) and I picked up Essentials at Best Buy for $30. Then I stopped at Wal-Mart on the way back and saw this "Collector's Edition: Basic" and thought "damn, I just wasted a whole lot of money." But there was this "Basic" thing on it. Wasn't sure how many versions and what the diff was. So I ran home to check, and couldn't find an answer basically The closest I got was a description on RedStorm's press releases. So today I went to take back the Essentials thing, and get one of the versions of the collector's edition. Best Buy had the "full" collector's version, so I checked the contents. Then I went to Wal-Mart and got the basic version.

THE DIFFERENCES:

The full version has a shiny tin-coated box. Woohoo. The basic version has a smaller green cardboard box.

The full version contains all of the Prima Strategy Guides for the games. The basic version does not.

The full version costs $80 (here anyway). The basic version costs $60.


Analysis: For an extra $20 you can get all the strat guides and another box to take up space. If you're like me, and don't care about the strat guides (it's all online somewhere anyway, if it's worth knowing), save a little money.


ghost397


"Ah, the joy of opening one box that cost about as much as one high priced game and pulling out six cds with three games and two expansion packs. Kinda pisses you off that you spent all that money to buy them individually, huh?"

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for ghost397    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Lt_Colonel
Private

Posts: 42
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-06-2001 09:54 PM


i noticed the same thing.... i got the 70 dollar CE for christmas unfortunately something is messed up with the game and can't play it

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Lt_Colonel    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47