Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  Airsoft Video

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Airsoft Video
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 761
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-16-2001 10:47 AM


Vaxc3 from Airsoftretreat.com created an 8 minute video talking about a few airsoft guns, showing them firing, and doing some example room clearing. It's kinda neat if want to learn more about airsoft and see some guns found in Rainbow Six. Check the video out here. (18mb, Divx codec required)

Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 26
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 04-16-2001 04:11 PM


Okay, I found this video real interesting. I had no clue what airsoft was, and still don't really! Is it like paintball but with airgun firing pellets? I mean is it a team game or what?
The guy in the vid was really good, bags of confidence - but I was surprised to see him using a cam with remote - doesn't he have any mates who could hold the cam so we could see what he was firing at in the garden demo?
Is this a popular "hobby" in the USA? Seems quite expensive.

------------------
Alistair
www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 761
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-16-2001 04:48 PM


Most of your questions can be answered at www.airsoftretreat.com on the link that says "What is Airsoft?" FYI, the guy in the video happens to be our very own 3d-R staff member, Vaxc3 who has been making site layouts for RS-R for a while now.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
VAXC3
Moderator

Posts: 33
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-16-2001 04:51 PM


I would get people to help me but it wasn't easy. For me to play airsoft usually takes about 1 hour of driving.

The idea of making the video came to me when I was bored at home watching tv. It was kind of a sudden idea. Thats why it wasn't well planned.

------------------
:: Alvin 'vaxc3' Hu
:: Infinity Retreat
:: Webmaster, admin@infinityretreat.com
:: http://www.infinityretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for VAXC3   Click Here to Email VAXC3    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1520670UIN: 1520670   Send an AIM Message to VAXC3    IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 26
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 04-16-2001 05:33 PM


I knew I could probably link to a FAQ snick, just wanted to converse ya knaw?
Hey Vax, like I said I thought you were really good, hell I watched the whole 8 minutes, do you *know* the average attention span of a web surfer ;o)

------------------
Alistair
www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged
VAXC3
Moderator

Posts: 33
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-16-2001 10:12 PM


the whole 8min? lol! w00t! Another one bites the dust

ahahahha =)

------------------
:: Alvin 'vaxc3' Hu
:: Infinity Retreat
:: Webmaster, admin@infinityretreat.com
:: http://www.infinityretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for VAXC3   Click Here to Email VAXC3    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 1520670UIN: 1520670   Send an AIM Message to VAXC3    IP Logged
sniper
Moderator

Posts: 304
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-17-2001 12:19 AM


I can't stop laughing!! HAHAHAH that was the funniest video...
"This is my style usally, so it might not be 100% correct... but we'll see"
HAHAHAH Vax, that was great.. LOL

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer
http://roguespear.3dretreat.com - RS Retreat
http://www.3dretreat.com - 3d Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47