Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  Official Ghost Recon promotional blurb

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Official Ghost Recon promotional blurb
CR6
3d Retreat

Posts: 48
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-26-2001 02:10 PM


Thanks to Alistair (a.k.a. "Rocky" a.k.a "Big Al" ;-) over at www.agr-s.com for letting us know that an official promotional blurb ("blurb" used for the lack of any better term which I can't seem to think of right now) has been issued by Ubi Soft about Ghost Recon:

"War has begun on Russian soil and threatens to encompass the globe. Lead an elite infantry team through a series of military missions around the world, ranging from covert actions to search-and-rescue operations, to all-out firefights in this first-person squad-based action game."

Make sure you also check out agr-s.com's upcoming sister site www.GhostRecon.net that has a very spiffy Flash intro.

Looks like Alistair has beat 3d Retreat to the punch with the first Ghost Recon fansite. Keep checking back later in May for the unveiling of our Ghost Recon Retreat site :-)


Click Here to See the Profile for CR6   Click Here to Email CR6    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to n/a   Send a message to n/aUIN: IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 30
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 04-26-2001 05:21 PM


Looks like Alistair has beat 3d Retreat to the punch with the first Ghost Recon fansite.

Funny thing is, when I registered that domain a while back - I had the pick of the bunch - only the dot com had been taken (RSE). I could have had PlanetGhostRecon.com for example; do you think I could have been subject to a lawyers letter if I did? I didn't think it was worth the risk, but some have told me I was a fool not to register it.

------------------
Alistair
www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 30
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 04-26-2001 05:30 PM


official promotional blurb ("blurb" used for the lack of any better term which I can't seem to think of right now) has been issued by Ubi Soft about Ghost Recon:

Actually there is a story to that Blurb. Suffice to say it is *exclusive* - see if you can find that quote anywhere else on the net - you can't, not on any Ubisoft material anywhere - but it is real, I assure you )

------------------
Alistair
www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged
CR6
3d Retreat

Posts: 48
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-27-2001 12:15 AM


Hi Al,

1) I agree it was smart not to register PlanetGR as it's not worth the headache of a big corporate website breathing down your neck. Hope no one registers GhostReconRetreat ;-)

2) I had the feeling your blurb was "exclusive" as I didn't see it at the Ubi Soft E3 site or the press release they sent me. Hopefully you can tell us the whole story when your NDA expires ;-)

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for CR6   Click Here to Email CR6    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to n/a   Send a message to n/aUIN: IP Logged
CR6
3d Retreat

Posts: 48
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 04-27-2001 12:42 AM


BTW am I correct that your handle is "Rocky"?

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for CR6   Click Here to Email CR6    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to n/a   Send a message to n/aUIN: IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 30
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 04-27-2001 05:55 AM


BTW am I correct that your handle is "Rocky"?

Yeh, this is me http://www.agr-s.com/html_members/mem_rocky.htm

------------------
Alistair
www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47