Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  Rogue Spear Retreat News
  RS Toolkit For Sale!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   RS Toolkit For Sale!
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 794
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 05-02-2001 01:45 AM


Well, not really but CDV seems to think so :-) Apparently versions of the R6 Toolkit and RS Toolkit are on the Sixbow cd we broke the news about to the RS community. Sixbow is a cd with tons of R6/RS mods and tools compiled being sold on CDV's website without the authors permission. Lovely eh?

Aggression has a partial list of sorts showing some of the mods included. Check that out here. The popular thing to do right now seems to be emailing mail@cdv.de . Speeking of Aggression, did anyone see how they have the link on their page asking people to click to pay their bills? If you like the site, you might want to click on it to help them out. Somehow I think that violates some advertisement agreements but if they need money, oh well. Dang, if everyone of our visitors sacrificed a big $1 sent via paypal to snicker@cyberstation.net we would be set for a few years :-)


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 33
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 05-02-2001 06:40 AM


Speeking of Aggression, did anyone see how they have the link on their page asking people to click to pay their bills? If you like the site, you might want to click on it to help them out. Somehow I think that violates some advertisement agreements but if they need money, oh well

I don't see how, all I have asked people to do is "visit my sponser". Quite frankly, if regular visitors can't be bothered to click one ad when they visit, and the site is running at a loss, why should I bother? RSD is using Exit Fuel Pop-up ads - so RSD visitors don't get asked - they are forced to view many ads, as the payment is for complete pops ups, not clicks. There is a fine line between the satisfaction of running a website - and the burden of being financially out of pocket, Aggression is nearly ready to cross that line.

------------------
Alistair www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 794
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 05-02-2001 10:56 AM


Alistair: When I was referring to it violating your advertising agreement, it is because most advertisers I have worked with have very specific rules about how the banners must be linked, where they are on the page, etc. and make text links to emulate clicking of banners was a violation of those. I was simply speculating that it could possibly be the case with your advertisers.

I hear where you are coming from though. Running a quality website like yours takes a lot of time and sometimes you sit back and think...is all this hard work worth it? Unless you have been in your shoes or mine, it's hard to understand how much work running a website is.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
alistairgd
Private

Posts: 33
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 05-02-2001 12:35 PM


I hear where you are coming from though. Running a quality website like yours takes a lot of time and sometimes you sit back and think...is all this hard work worth it?

That's the place I am at right now. Maybe when I see Black Thorn, I'll catch second wind.

------------------
Alistair
www.agr-s.com
Alt.Games.Rainbow-Six


Click Here to See the Profile for alistairgd   Click Here to Email alistairgd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 41113560UIN: 41113560       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47