|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() Rogue Spear Retreat News
![]() E3 Ghost Recon footage
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: E3 Ghost Recon footage | |||
|
VAXC3 Moderator
Posts: 47 |
As I promised. We've got the Ghost Recon footage straight from E3. This file is a heavy 45MB in divx format. Total time is about 19 minutes. Click here to watch the footage. | |||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 832 |
Nice job man, thanks! ------------------ | |||
|
sniper Moderator
Posts: 374 |
W00t! Good Job VAXC3!! Good Job!!!
Guy: "This is early stage right now,.... " Guy: "Uhhh.... at this point we dont have any plans to do so, we are pre-alpha, so uhhh things could change between now and then, we will see what happens..." VAXC3: Is there any way you guys think there is any way to add rolling, while your crouching? Guy: Rolling? VAXC3: Rolling left and right, to like dodge bullets, or move around? Guy: Wow, that is something you hafta... VAXC3: So... maybe? HAHAAHH dam vax your good with the detailed questions! Rolling so we can dodge bullets? What is this the Matrix or something.. I cant dodge bullets.... LOL ------------------ | |||
|
Dead MaN Newbie
Posts: 2 |
You still can't see your weapon! When will Red Storm get their act together? All of the competitors have visible weoponry. Global Ops seem to get everything right. ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
alistairgd Private ![]()
Posts: 37 |
Thanks for that clip - great stuff. I was wondering - was that taken covertly, with the camcorder in a bag with a hole sort-of-thing, or do they not mind folks taking footage at E3? Just curious. ------------------ | |||
|
VAXC3 Moderator
Posts: 47 |
Most developers don't care if you record their game footage. Some are biatchy about it, IE: SquareSoft. Anyways, the reason why its so shaky is because it gets really tiring for holding the camera up for so long... ------------------ | |||
|
alistairgd Private ![]()
Posts: 37 |
So it wasn't taken covertly. I just had this funny scene in my head of the RSE guy seeing this movie out and mumbling about some guy with a hidden camcorder ;o) Did I hear right - did he say something along the lines of "I'll give you my card - you can call me"! Cool. Who was that RSE rep anyway? ------------------ | |||
|
JClark Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
I downloaded the viedo file it's in .avi format but I can't get any of my players 2 open it I can only hear the audio.....many tx in advance for any help on this. ------------------ | |||
|
snicker 3d Retreat ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 832 |
You have to have the divx codec installed. I don't have a url handy to donwload it though, sorry. Hopefully someone else will. ------------------ | |||
|
Dungheap 3d Retreat
Posts: 33 |
Visible weaponry is a piece of crap. Next thing you'll be asking for is a jump button so you can bunny hop around, and you'll probably complain that you can't rocket jump with the anti-tank rockets. =) ------------------ | |||
|
JClark Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
www.divxcodec.com TX!!! Snicker...got it!! ------------------ | |||
|
Cynical Saint Private ![]()
Posts: 6 |
That guy sure likes to say "pre-alpha" doesn't he? lol I lost count of how many times. lol Viva La Pre-Alpha! hehe ------------------ | |||
|
CR6 3d Retreat
Posts: 65 |
VAX, you are DA MAN! Great job getting that video footage - that video clip speaks volumes about Ghost Recon that no written preview article ever could. BTW, who WAS the guy asking the questions about rolling around ;-) ------------------ | |||
|
alistairgd Private ![]()
Posts: 37 |
Heh, nah - who was that guy asking about wet footprints for coming out the stream )------------------ | |||
|
Tactics Private ![]()
Posts: 16 |
Dungheap, very well said. Who the hell wants to see your weapon, it sucks. It totally takes away from your aim/first person perpective. Killa footage of the game. But some silly ass questions, lol. I was like what the hell is he asking. ------------------ | |||
|
VAXC3 Moderator
Posts: 47 |
my questions ownz! haha, some how I get the feeling that they got ticked off because of my questions... LOL! ------------------ | |||
|
3DRogue Private ![]()
Posts: 12 |
Very cool video Vax! That video is a heck of a lot better than other other e3 video I have seen on the net! Good Work ![]() ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47