Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  i can't host mult anymore

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   i can't host mult anymore
mialutz
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 04:17 AM


Help... I am stuck, 4 fresh installs with clean registries....I can play mult games that others host...I just can't host it myself...I am cable with windows ME all was good then one day kaboom, like a frag fallin on ur head. No mods installed no launchers installed nothing but no good....Help

MIA=ASP=


Click Here to See the Profile for mialutz   Click Here to Email mialutz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Rage
3d Retreat

Posts: 7
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 07:43 AM


If you are on a cable modem running NAT you will need to set your cable modem to route the TCP ports of the game to your computer's IP address. Contact me for info if you dont know how.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Rage   Click Here to Email Rage    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 21775729UIN: 21775729   Send an AIM Message to moocow911    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 09:20 AM


First of all, I think you have this post in the wrong place Are you referring to Rainbow Six? If so, there are a couple things to look at: Have you changed the default port you are hosting on? Can players who are trying to connect to you ping yourself? And most importantly, are you behidn anytypeof firewall or router?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 70
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-23-2000 01:14 PM


I would call your ISP and check if they have done anything to your line! They might have done something, and thus caused people to not be able to connect to you.

Like me awhile ago, I was not able to host on my DSL because all the DSL modem stuff was up in my bro's room and his computer was the host(server computer), so meaning that people were trying to connect to his computer when I was hosting the game..

Just Make sure everythign thing looks the same as before and make sure it is runing like Rage said "TCP/IP" if your capable of doing it... I'm using TCP/IP and I can host fine on my DSL...

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
mialutz
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 05:25 AM


everyone can ping me...The host screen never comes up the ones with maps and stuff...the comp hangs looking for the internet...I can play on other peoples games I can even host diff games just not this one...what to do what to do...The ports aren't blocked...no firewall...i am 99% sure tcp/ip is the way redstorm wants it...

mia =asp=

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for mialutz   Click Here to Email mialutz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 09:03 AM


Ah...I think I know what will fix it. You don't happen to have two nic cards in your machine do you? If so, you need to go to the multiplayer options and choose your ethernet card. I forget the name of the exact setting but there is a drop down in the multiplayer settings for choosting the ethernet device to use.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
mialutz
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 06:18 PM


nope only one nic card...try again...hehe

mia =ASP=

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for mialutz   Click Here to Email mialutz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
OP4_Sneaky
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-27-2000 02:52 PM


You know, I had the same exact problem. I actually reinstalled my game (Rogue Spear and Urban Operations) several times (and lost all of my single player data!!!!!!). The problem wasn't solved after that. But, I finally figured it out. My problem was BSWv3. Don't ask, I don't know why. But if you have BSWv3, you might want to consider uninstalling it and then installing it again. Let me know if that helps!
Click Here to See the Profile for OP4_Sneaky   Click Here to Email OP4_Sneaky    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
mialutz
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-27-2000 09:41 PM


no mods installed at all

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for mialutz   Click Here to Email mialutz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47