Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  reticule mod, does it work in multi-player?????

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   reticule mod, does it work in multi-player?????
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 10:04 AM


I have a problem with this reticule mod by MIN_moby posted at 3dretreat a week ago. Here's what he says:

"O.K., to install my reticule: Download the zip file from the M|Nutmen
website which is here. Save the zip file anywhere, it does not matter. Then EXTRACT the file to (c:Program Files\Red Storm Entainment\RogueSpear\Data\Kit). A handful of people have encountered problems durring the extraction process. If you have any problems, do this: Go to c:\Program
Files\Red Storm Entertainment\Rogue Spear\Data\Kit and find a file named
reticules.txt. Take that file and either 1) Delete it or 2)Cut it and
paste it somewhere else, so you can put your old reticule back whenever you
want. THEN, once the reticules.txt is gone from that folder, then COPY and
PASTE the reticules.txt which you downloaded from the M|N site into that
folder. This is a somewhat round-a-bout way of doing it seems to solve any
problems that people encounter"

I'm sure you have seen it. Well everything works fine in single player and training missions BUT it does not work in
Multi-player. I asked him and he of course hasn't replied back in 2 days so
Is there a way to get it to work in multi-player??? Every time I log on
to Mplayer is updates my game and what it fixes is the reticule, lol. And I already tried changing my rommel.cxp and that don't work either. Thx
for your help.

-Tac



Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 10:08 AM


I could be wrong but maybe these types of mods aren't allowed in multiplayer to restrict cheating. Mplayer wouldn't replace your rommel file with an unedited version to prevent cheating would it? Anyone know?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 04:26 PM


Actually I have been able to get it to work in multiplayer. WHat might be the difference is that I"m using ZOne- but I don't think it should be changing files on your system, because I don't think it is allowed to do that. At first I thought it wasn't working as well. But I also found out that the changes he made were to mp5 I think, because I had to maually change those my self. Reading what he has on his site is very helpful but the rest is mainly trial and error. Like just change values till you like what the reticule looks like- right now I like the fact that it is blue instead of the red color. Hope this helps!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 04:46 PM


I use the mp10/a2 and I went into the .wpn file and even over wrote the name of the reticule to the simulation name which manually overwrites the file, but still don't work.
: (

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 05:09 PM


Try playing on the zone? - see what the does? SOrry it didnt' work!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-26-2000 02:36 PM


Hey, it does work fine on the Zone but I guess Mplayer does not allow it. It still updated my files. Too bad.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-28-2000 03:17 PM


BTW I got it too work in mplayer. I just overwrite the file AFTER I log on and wala!!

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-28-2000 04:59 PM


so....mplayer does in fact overwrite your R6 files with their "unmodded" version?

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
kon_terror
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-28-2000 05:27 PM


Does this work with mods such as nato3?

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for kon_terror    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-28-2000 10:05 PM


yup it does overwrite it. The Zone had no problems though. But hey it works if you extract it again in mplayer. I don't mind, it only takes a minute or so. : )
I seen what MIN said. It's against the rules to have a ret mod now, Sheez!
yea it should work in nato3 I haven't tried it yet but I would apply the same principle.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-28-2000 11:32 PM


I thought MIN_Moby said that they fixed it and now it is legal for it to work!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-29-2000 02:46 PM


No, has of two days ago he said clanladders aren't allowing ret. mods now. He has a zip file to switch your modded ret. back to it's original. I went here to find that out. I'm not sure if their is an update on "legal ret. mods" now.
www.reticulescreenshot.homestead.com/


------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-29-2000 07:36 PM


I don't see what the differnce froma ret mod thenthe normal one- how about if you just wantedit to be blue?

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-30-2000 05:11 AM


Well the ret mod and the normal one are really different besides being blue. Where MIN posted that ret update, (about being not legal) it looks like the rets are the same size but the blue mod is a lot smaller which is killa. You can see so much more when zeroing in on the enemy.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 07:29 AM


HOw would anyone even know if you were using the mod??

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
Tactics
Private

Posts: 8
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-31-2000 02:27 PM


hmmm yea good one. I'm not sure.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Tactics   Click Here to Email Tactics    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 39856852UIN: 39856852       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47