Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  Zone - Mplayer - Gamespy - RStoolkit

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Zone - Mplayer - Gamespy - RStoolkit
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 05:10 PM


Which one do you guys think is the best? I like the zone!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 242
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 05:25 PM


I use the RS Toolkit but of course I am bias

Seriously though, even if I didn't write the R6 Toolkit, I wouldn't use the Zone or Mplayer. When I play, I normally host so I just message people in our chatroom and send ICQ's to people in my R6 group in ICQ. Then, I just hope they join!

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Absolut_OSU
3d Retreat

Posts: 27
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 05:26 PM


I used to only use the Rogue Spear toolkit because ip games rarely crash compared to the zone and they are much more personal. I was always playing with someone i played with before.

I haven't played rogue spear too much lately, but now it seems easier to join a game on the zone because the times I have recently tried the toolkit no one was playing.

I would rather the RS toolkit be used more than zone.

------------------
Oregon State University
Home of the 6 - 1 Beavers


Click Here to See the Profile for Absolut_OSU   Click Here to Email Absolut_OSU    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to AbsoluteOSU    IP Logged
GoDSpeeD
Private

Posts: 34
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 07:08 PM


Yea - I like ip games, they are great- but I find that before the creation of the toolkit- ip games were hard cause I didn't know too many people who manually served or who did? Snicker will be on my list- once I get win2k back up-ahhhhhhhhhh! But I don't know why people use Mplayer (no offense to people who do) but when I tried it out- the lag and pings were horrible. Oh well!

------------------
Calvin Lam - GoDSpeeD


Click Here to See the Profile for GoDSpeeD   Click Here to Email GoDSpeeD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 48343843UIN: 48343843   Send an AIM Message to calam63    IP Logged
sniper
3d Retreat

Posts: 70
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 07:38 PM


I play Both! Zone and IP, I love snickers toolkit, but you would expect me to I say that.. No I realy do love it! It has a lot of kool features plus I got to beta test both version, R6 and the new RS 2k.

Zone has it's problems, It seems to have a lot of "ZONE FARTS" as most of use experianced players call it! a zone fart is when zone all of a sudden spits you and possible the whole game out back to the main room, or it couses a freeze, etc. just plain problems..

Toolkit.. I have had NO problems with this is the time I have used it... Sometimes it is hard to get a IP game going unless you advertise about it in advanced... Like If I were to host an IP game I would say somehting about it in my .plan file then ppl would know about it..

MPlayer= crap! I DO NOT like it!! So I wont say anything else about it!!

I belive it is realy up to you.. zone has it advantages when you jsut want tog et in and play, but you may have a few zone farts, etc. Toolkit is sometimes hard tog et a IP game going...

I play both, IP, Zone. My zone handle is RSR_Sniper.

------------------
-=Sniper=-
News Editor/HTML Programmer http://www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for sniper   Click Here to Email sniper    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 24721190UIN: 24721190   Send an AIM Message to BimmerLovR    IP Logged
SamTheMan
Private

Posts: 37
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-24-2000 08:19 PM


I use gamespy... or rs toolkit. the reason i use these is it doesnt take a bitch to load and its simple... it shows you good games and you join. I hate Zone cause it causes my computer to slow down A LOT when i quit it. and mplayer... the players there suck.. and it takes a while to join a game and when the host lets you play... and when you do jusn... the host is probably on a dial up!

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
Fitz
3d Retreat

Posts: 38
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 10-25-2000 01:00 PM


The problem with RS Tool Kit (dont get me wrong, I love the program) is the fact that it is not as easy/widely used as say the Zone. The zone is alot easier for someone to find a game, then compared to rs toolkit. Mainly because of the game lobbys the zone provides, and the fact that there are almost always 2,000 people playing RS at anygiven time on the zone.

------------------
-Fitz (AKA: The Other White Meat)

News Editor/Interviewer
RS Retreat


Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz   Click Here to Email Fitz    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 30531045UIN: 30531045   Send an AIM Message to Pie4Fitz   Send a message to JoeFitz_UIN: 30531045 IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47