Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  My R6 crashes when I die

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   My R6 crashes when I die
Wes Ewing
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-01-2000 12:12 PM


Everytime I get killed in RS, my RS crashes, actually it totally exits itself. The PC remains stable, and I have to restart RS again and again. This PC has a 4MB ATI Rage Pro card (I know, it sucks, but it's my office PC). I have patch 2.05 and it does this with or without mods. Any Ideas?
Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Ewing    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 10105979UIN: 10105979      Send a message to Wes_EwingUIN: 10105979 IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-01-2000 12:26 PM


What version of DirectX do you have installed? Also, do yo have the latest drivers for your video card? I would check the manuf. web site. Lastly, you may want to try running the rsconfig.exe (i think that is the name) program in your RS root folder and play with the option that sets your video card.

Oh yeah, check out your rommel.log and look for any errors that could signify what is happening.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
Wes Ewing
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-01-2000 12:59 PM


Thanks, I'll give all that a look.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Ewing    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 10105979UIN: 10105979      Send a message to Wes_EwingUIN: 10105979 IP Logged
Wes Ewing
Newbie

Posts: 3
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 11-01-2000 01:50 PM


OK, Since I posted, R6 crashes every other time (I didn't do anything).
I am running DirectX 7, Win98-2
I have confirmed that I have the latest video drivers for my ATI Rage IIc, 4.11.2560
I have told rsconfig to use the ATI card as the renderer, and to use my SB16 for sound, took it off auto-select.
I still crash when I get a bullet in the head. Kind of funny actually.
Question - what does 'software' rendering do actually if I was to change that?
Thanks for any info. anyone can give me...

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Ewing    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 10105979UIN: 10105979      Send a message to Wes_EwingUIN: 10105979 IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 246
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 11-01-2000 04:37 PM


Since you are using a video card that doesn't take advantage of hardware 3d rendering (to the best of my knowledge), you should make sure you have it set on software mode. If you had a 3dfx or Nvidia then you wouldn'thave to use software mode and things would be a lot better looking.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47