Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  Covert Ops

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Covert Ops
Warthog
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-14-2000 07:34 PM


Ok...ummm...just for something to say, I hope I get Covert Ops for Christmas

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Infrared_Sight
Private

Posts: 36
Registered: Nov 2000

posted 12-16-2000 03:35 PM


Its not that great man.

------------------
I n f r a r e d _ S i g h t

Do you know what a dog needs? A bitch!

Infrared's Tactics -Webmatser


Click Here to See the Profile for Infrared_Sight    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-16-2000 03:58 PM


I know it's not the best. 3 new maps (pretty much) is not bad. Urban Ops had 5. It'll give me something to do.

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
USMC Greg
Private

Posts: 10
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-19-2000 01:25 AM


Covert Ops sucks. It was only intended to gain new gaming enthusiasts attention, it was not intended as an expansion pack. But not only did it let us down in terms of an expansion pack, it let us down in terms of a stand-alone game. I'd be really pissed to waste my money on just a few gay missions.

------------------
USMC Greg


Homepage:
USMC Greg's Page
Clan Page:
USMC Clan
Contributor:
Pie's Tactics
Administrator:
USMC Clan Forums


Click Here to See the Profile for USMC Greg   Click Here to Email USMC Greg    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 89444157UIN: 89444157       IP Logged
Drunk
Captain

Posts: 158
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-19-2000 08:19 AM


Originally posted by USMC Greg:
But not only did it let us down in terms of an expansion pack, it let us down in terms of a stand-alone game. I'd be really pissed to waste my money on just a few gay missions.

It was never really intended for the everyday R6 player, they never claimed it would be, it was just a way of making the R6 commmunity larger, i think if you had not played R6 before CO you may have enjoyed it more.

------------------
CONFUCIUS SAY . .Man who put head on Rail Road track to listen for train likely to end up with splitting headache.
Webmaster of the Funniest Clan Site In The World and of course The Rogue Spear Funnies


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged
USMC Greg
Private

Posts: 10
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 12-19-2000 11:47 PM



It was never really intended for the everyday R6 player, they never claimed it would be, it was just a way of making the R6 commmunity larger, i think if you had not played R6 before CO you may have enjoyed it more.

I said that in my post. You just cut it out in the quote though. Thanx for repeating what I already said.

------------------
USMC Greg


Homepage:
USMC Greg's Page
Clan Page:
USMC Clan
Contributor:
Pie's Tactics
Administrator:
USMC Clan Forums

"To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge". -Confucius


Click Here to See the Profile for USMC Greg   Click Here to Email USMC Greg    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 89444157UIN: 89444157       IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-25-2000 04:55 PM


Yep. I got it

I beat it very quickly too. On recruit and all training missions (those were easy). It sure as heck wasn't intended for veteran R6 players . I had the most trouble with the jungle map. It is also my least favorite because it strains my eyes a little bit too much, even thought I have a 19" monitor. Maybe in MP, it'll be different because I won't be shooting guys that have that have jungle camo on (totally unfair). Don't get me wrong; it is superbly designed....just maybe a bit too well .

I like the snow map very well. I'm a fan of the maps that have large open ground and scattered buildings and/or one big building.

The last level at the ICBM launch site is alright. I had high hopes for that level when I saw it, because of exactly what I said in previous paragraph. But it has way too much underground stuff in it.

As I said, multiplayer can, and probably, will change my opinion on the levels.

I wouldn't say it is a total waste of money...just not the best way to spend $30. Although, if you're like me (crazy R6 fan), you have to have every game

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 45
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 12-25-2000 05:00 PM


Oh yeah....the training levels.

Zombie did those, right? Not very creative.

There are six total. I don't mind the size - they are fast and furious. What I don't like, is that there are two hospital maps (ER/outside and deeper in hospital) and two store maps (front and back). As I said, not very creative. The others are Junkyard and Trailer Park.

The training missions are waaaaaaaaaaaaaayy to easy. I only time I died (twice) was on the ER mission. To help out with this, is the fact that you can go into Custom Mission and put in like 50 tangoes and have a some fun

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47