|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
![]() Hello.. Do anybody think this comp can fit rogue spear?..
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: Hello.. Do anybody think this comp can fit rogue spear?.. | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
Hello all. Do anybody think 200mhz,128ram, voodoo3 card, 24x CD rom?. Thank for the help
| |||
|
Shroomhd 3d Retreat
Posts: 124 |
Yes it will run maybe... You should probably try a low resolution and detail settings though say 640X480 with details all the way down. ------------------ | |||
|
Warthog Private ![]()
Posts: 39 |
Yeah, but I wouldn't try UO with a lot of guys in the level (40-50). Speaking of which, even MY computer can't run the abandoned train yard in UO with 50 tangoes and full team of 8 on 1024*768 rez and full detail without slowing down some. Can anyone do this? Warthog ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
So would Rogue Spear run smooth on my comp or it would run choopy? | |||
|
Drunk Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 244 |
Choppy, i had a P-II 333mhz 128 ram and a 16 meg card, it has slow downs which can and will get you!! Try adding another stick of Ram and it should be much smoother or if you have the money get a GeForce 2 ![]() ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
Darn will Rainbow Six fit my comp specs? ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
Oops..i ment to reply to u. wont rainbow six fit my comp? ------------------ | |||
|
GoDSpeeD Private ![]()
Posts: 46 |
i don't know I have a PII 300mhx MMX w/ 160 ram and both rs and r6 run fine. Yes I must say I can't play with settings at the highest level unless I sacrifice a fewframes. But otherwise it is smooth- what gets difficult is that 16 player multiplayer games. I have a voodoo3 3000 AGp and win2000. (not a spam post- 69th) ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
I found a Voodooo3 2000 PCI. I see to many AGP's. Is AGP a diff comp motherboard or somethin?. Do you know any good graphic cards that is better then voodooo for under $70 ? ------------------ | |||
|
Warthog Private ![]()
Posts: 39 |
I know Rainbow Six would work, but Rogue Spear is questionable. It will probably slow down when the action heats up. My old system ran perfect w/RS once I had 192mb RAM in it: 400mhz Celeron 192mb RAM 4mb onboard vid Add some more memory. I think a Geforce2 MX runs for under $100. Look at www.pricewatch.com . Go to Multimedia/Video Cards They have one for $87. AGP really isn't a whole lot better than PCI IMO. I think they are some advantages, but not many. If you have an AGP slot (which you should), then by all means, use it.....Oh wait....it only comes in AGP. Check if you have a different looking slot next to your PCI slots. Warthog ------------------ | |||
|
Warthog Private ![]()
Posts: 39 |
Hold up a sec...here are some slightly more expensive Geforces http://www.ocie.com/itmidx1.htm At least they are in PCI Warthog ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
Cool, I need to ask a question. which card is better? INNOVISION S3 SAVAGE 4 4X 32MB PCI , or GeForce2?. ------------------ | |||
|
Drunk Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 244 |
GeForce 2 i believe, probably baised aswell cause mine is so damn hot .------------------ | |||
|
Green Private ![]()
Posts: 24 |
on the GeForce v Savage Q ... GeForce I ran RS on a PII233/64ram/Voodoo Rush(!) at 640x480 and it was great. I ran it on a PIII/500/128ram/Voodoo3 at 800x600 and it runs fantastic ... no slow down at all. BOTTOM LINE: Your computer is fine to play the game. Just keep the resolution down to 800x600 and it will be a blast. ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
So My comp would do good on RS right?. And my cousin have a comp (kinda like mines), he have 200mhz,64,and a voodoo card would that run rainbowsix good? ------------------ | |||
|
Warthog Private ![]()
Posts: 39 |
Rainbow Six or Rogue Spear? I know you said "R6", but just making sure. If you run it at 640*480, I assume it will work fine because of Green's post. Forgot to say, in my previous post about my old comp - 400 celery, 4mb vid, 192 RAM - I was running Rogue Spear at 800*600 Warthog ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
Rainbow Six. would the 200mhz,64mb ram,v3 2000 work?. ------------------ | |||
|
Warthog Private ![]()
Posts: 39 |
Definately. "Back in the day", I had to use my dad's comp for R6: PII 233mhz, 4mb vid, 32mb RAM. Yours will work Warthog ------------------ | |||
|
LtCol Gil Newbie
Posts: 2 |
refering to the earlier responds of "Warthog" who wanted to know if anyone could run 1024*756 without lagging..... yes i can, amazing when you consider my rather outdated processor really P2 400 ------------------ | |||
|
BIG MEC Newbie
Posts: 2 |
oNE qUESTION--HAVE YOU TRIED JUST INSTALLING IT YET TO SEE? I own a p3 700 256mb of ram and it runs fine at 1024*756 geforce 256 32mb graphics card The thing I was taught in school was that even with a slower computer a new graphics card SHOULD take care of anything--although, all of these people are right because you need to leave the resolution WAY WAY down and you cant choose to many peolpe on the screen at once-and online--NO WAY--would cause major lag nomatter what, oh and the 128 megs of system ram is fine, its still more than most people have in thier comps today, I say install it and see--but dont be 2 dissapointed if its not what your looking 4, it is quite an old proc and the mobo and the proc alone probaly dont support many of the newer technoligies used to run new 3d graphics and game play--hope this helped BIGMEC ------------------ | |||
|
SamTheMan Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 108 |
It should run fien, voodoo 3 is a good card. the only thing slowing you down is the 200mhz ------------------ | |||
|
ActionFire Private ![]()
Posts: 9 |
Cool, thanx all . My cousin has a 200mhz,32megs of ram, a voodoo3 card, 24x hard drive, for 4 years (she has a new 1 now). she want to know if rainbowsix would work on that computer?------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47