|
3d Retreat Forums
![]() General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
![]() RS v2.05 won't run unless connected to internet
|
| next newest topic | next oldest topic |
| Author | Topic: RS v2.05 won't run unless connected to internet | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
I just installed the v2.05 patch for RS, unfortunately it[the game] won't run unless i'm connected to the net. It worked before the patch. I can't exactly stay connected, i don't have cable or dsl in my hood. I tried what red storm suggests, but it didn't work! | ||
|
Lt_Colonel Sergeant ![]()
Posts: 57 |
Well... best thing to do is complain to redstorm ![]() ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
Right on, stick it to the man... ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
actually, i tried to contact them, but they haven't replied yet. It was 3 or 4 days ago. I'm assuming they don't know how to fix it....or i typed my e-mail addy wrong ------------------ | ||
|
Lt_Colonel Sergeant ![]()
Posts: 57 |
i emailed them a few days ago and i got a respone today.... not what they told me helped but this did respond and my email was sorta lengthy...so the length doesn't have a thing to do with it. I would try sending another one at support@redstrom.com i know that i emailed ubisoft cuz thats what a site game me for the games well it turns out thats somethinf different.... don't i feel stupid ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
I sent out another one...to ubisoft, i hope i don't get the same response as on the FAQ, great good that did. But, i was thinking, maybe there is a switch or command that could be ran in a .bat file starting up Rogue Spear?? Hopefully i will find out soon, so i can play, ...maybe even if i buy Urban Operations, maybe it'll fix it. ------------------ | ||
|
Drunk Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 235 |
There shouldn't be, it seems very weird that it should need to be online to use the RS, have you tried a fresh install, maybe one of the networking files become corrupted? its just a guess, normally with a lot of these games a fresh install will do the trick, i know its a pain its worth a try! ![]() ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
I guess i'll give it a try, considering it'll take like 1/2 hour to install, and i'll re-download the patch. thanks to all that helped! ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
But, i have tried it before, no luck. I didn't try the whole, re-downloading the patch this. ------------------ | ||
|
SamTheMan Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 107 |
uhh... i dont know anyone else that has had that problem... are sure it IS the game, or is it your computer?. ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
I don't really understand how it could be my computer. Rogue Spear worked before the patch. I'm aching to play RS, i might just have to wait until i get DSL, which fortunately i found out is only about a week away! ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
Alright this is weird. I got it to work, only because IExplorer didn't shut down properly and it was running in the background. I can't play RS until someone tells me how to get IE running in the background...help! ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
The plot thickens even more! I replaced my save game with that of my friends where the same number of levels were complete. Only he started the campaigne with the patch already installed. It works now, the only explanation i have is that the old save game was conflicting with the new version. I'd like to thank everyone that helped me, and if anyone can offer a better explanation, please do so, i'm still a bit confused! ------------------ | ||
|
SamTheMan Captain ![]() ![]()
Posts: 107 |
Maybe something screwed up when you installed it... maybe you installed it when you were on the internet, then the game thought if it wasnt, it's baaaaad. ------------------ | ||
|
dj_spazz Private ![]()
Posts: 13 |
It's funny how things work just by screwing around with it! ------------------ |
All times are CST (US) | next newest topic | next oldest topic |
![]() |
|
3d Retreat © 2000
Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47