Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  You MUST get Covert Ops!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   You MUST get Covert Ops!
ghost397
Private

Posts: 14
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-24-2001 08:04 PM


Yeah, I know I've had the game since just before xmas, but I hadn't loaded the mission part yet. Well, I did last night, and played through all the training levels. I though, "man, these are kinda small and not really that interesting." Then, tonight, I played the Lucky Snare mission.

I was SO blown away. THIS (so far, haven't gotten to the silo or the other new mission yet) is what all of the work and effort into this series up to this point has been for, imho. Unbelievable level in terms of play. There's something for everyone (sniper, storm trooper, or silent op) and even better, you can't finish it without all three!

This has now become my favorite level. The siberian base from RS was, but this takes takes everything I loved about that level so much further. And the graphics! That waterfall kicks ass!

Now, there were two things that could have made the level better (sorry Red Storm, you can't ever be *perfect* :)

1) I wish the inside of the plane was a factor/accessible.

2) And you can't really help this, after all users have to be able to run the level and most people (including me) don't have a super or even mini computer :) But, it's still a linear assault. It would have been nice to be able to come at the target area from any direction. Perhaps the same amount of jungle area on the far side of the plane as on the start side of the canyon? I mean, you still have to cross the canyon, but once there you could circle around (ALL the way around, not along the plane).

But those are just teeny tiny little suggestions. This level ROCKS. I can't wait to go MP on it or even to do it as a co-op.


Click Here to See the Profile for ghost397    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Maverick
Private

Posts: 15
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 01-26-2001 06:29 PM


I have the game, just never installed it. Is it worth the 600 MB if you don't have too much memory left (about 2 GB)?
Click Here to See the Profile for Maverick    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
ghost397
Private

Posts: 14
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-26-2001 07:54 PM


Dude. C'mon. :) I won't bother mentioning that if you had 2GB of memory (as opposed to hard drive space) we'd all kill you out of jealousy... or smak you for stupidity since more than 256 wouldn't do you a whole lot of good under most circumstances.

BUT, semantics notwithstanding. I have a 2.1 GB hard drive. That's it. The machine is 3 years old, so I have an excuse, but you're complaining of running low and here I START at that. :P

If you don't install the training, the game only takes 298MB or so. WITH training it's 600. There's only 3 missions and 5 new training maps. But to actually answer your question, YES, the bolivian jungle map alone is worth all 300MB. :) I did the other two, and as far as missions go they were pretty easy, but they'd make really good multiplayer maps too.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for ghost397    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 39
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-26-2001 09:57 PM


Here's my opinion: http://www.3dretreat.com/forums/3dr/Forum6/HTML/000074.html

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Maverick
Private

Posts: 15
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 01-29-2001 09:34 PM


i meant 2GB of hard drive space. sorry. no matter it doesn't work with my computer anyway.
Click Here to See the Profile for Maverick    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Drunk
Captain

Posts: 232
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-30-2001 10:09 AM


have you tried calling tech support?

------------------
Swat 3 Retreat News Junkie
drunk@3dretreat.com
Visit my RS Clan site!!


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged
snicker
3d Retreat

Posts: 530
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-30-2001 12:30 PM


The maps don't take up 600mb. That is just all the extra info. I highly recommend installing the maps as a mod for UO and checking them out.

------------------
Aaron "Snicker" Benzick
Editor-in-Chief
3d Retreat, www.3dretreat.com
.plan file


Click Here to See the Profile for snicker   Click Here to Email snicker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 2027796UIN: 2027796       IP Logged
SamTheMan
Captain

Posts: 104
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 01-30-2001 08:19 PM


3 year old computer with 2gb HD? my computer is 3 years old and it has 12gb.

------------------
/Sam from Everything Rainbow Six Series


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
Maverick
Private

Posts: 15
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 01-30-2001 09:14 PM


my computer has a 7GB HD, but only 2GB left.

Drunk: I'm having the same problem with RS as Lt_Colonal in his "Please Help" section. I've been following it for about a month.


Click Here to See the Profile for Maverick    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
ghost397
Private

Posts: 14
Registered: Dec 2000

posted 01-31-2001 09:04 PM


Ah, yes Sam... but is your drive SCSI?

At the time of purchase, the drive I'm still using was one of the largest and fastes SCSI drives out there.

I SO hate Moore's Law... :P

And Snicker... read my post again... just a little more carefully. I said the missions only take 298, it's only 600 WITH training.


Click Here to See the Profile for ghost397    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47