Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  RS/UO and W2K

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   RS/UO and W2K
Calix
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-18-2001 05:20 PM


I'm having a hard time running RS and UO under W2K. I have tried several installs but the same problem appears. Once I am in a mission and moving, I can't stop the movement when I want to. It is like having sticky keys or a really bad lag. I have had this problem on 2 different computers. My neighbour who is also running RS/UO under W2K experiences no problems at all. Funny thing is that we have the exact same computer equipment. When running under Win ME I have had no troubles at all previously, but since lately everything freezes up as soon as I push a button in the menu. Will try reinstalling that one tomorrow.

Has anyone experienced the same difficulties as I in W2K and know a solution?

/Calix


Click Here to See the Profile for Calix   Click Here to Email Calix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Rictus
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-22-2001 12:55 AM


Don't have a solution, but I have the same problem - sorta.

I have a k6-2 350, 128MB RAM running w2000 Server, 16MB AGP TNT video card...just for giggles I installed RS and it runs fine, except of course it is a little slow (what I expected with this system)...
BUT
My new comp is Duron 800, 256MB RAM, w2000 Prof, 32MB AGP GeForce2 GTS - HORRIBLE lag, simply unplayable, much, much worse than on my server... not sure what the deal is.

Question, what version of DirectX are you running? I have 7 on the server, but 8 on my desktop...

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Rictus   Click Here to Email Rictus    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Calix
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-22-2001 04:55 AM


Dx 8.0. Had Dx 7.0 and 7.0a before. Will try 8.0a later this week.

/Calle

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Calix   Click Here to Email Calix    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47