Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  Game failed to launch; in Zone MP'er

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Game failed to launch; in Zone MP'er
Joker
Private

Posts: 5
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-21-2001 10:57 AM


I just reinstalled RS-COE, & then used RSToolkit to edit my MultiPlayer name, & then rebooted. I did not install any mods, other than the RS Urban Ops for RS. I went to the Zone, & now I get 'Game failed to launch' errors every time I try to join a MultiPlayer game. Any ideas whats up? Is it possibly because I installed COE on drive E, & RS-UO on D?

Thanks,

Joker


Click Here to See the Profile for Joker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Drunk
Major

Posts: 265
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-21-2001 11:57 AM


Yeah it maybe because of the COE install, try removing it and reinstalling it in the same directory as your over R6 games.

/Drunk

------------------
Swat 3 Retreat News Junkie
drunk@3dretreat.com
Visit my RS Clan site!!


Click Here to See the Profile for Drunk   Click Here to Email Drunk    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 31271461UIN: 31271461       IP Logged
Joker
Private

Posts: 5
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-21-2001 03:17 PM


Thanks Drunk, As I was looking around for an answer, I decided to try & reinstall COE onto the same drive & file system as the other two installs. It worked...


Thanks again, now I am trying to get my MP Bound keys to work in game... I still have the standard, need a flash/frag... sounds even though I assigned the new sounds & new keys...

Joker

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Joker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-22-2001 02:56 AM


Hey me too!

How do you do that? I know you're supposed to press "alt" and then the number but it doesn't work! Same as you.

Any help?

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Joker
Private

Posts: 5
Registered: Feb 2001

posted 02-22-2001 03:57 AM


I finally got mine working....


I went through & set all the MP BOUND keys to numpad 0-9 & the MP BOUND comm (default is ALT) it the divide key (right of num lock). Then hold divide & hit a number to get the sound....

Good Luck


Joker

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Joker    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-23-2001 03:07 PM


I think I got mine working now.

Stupid me didn't realize I had set the "Send MP Bound message" key to "enter". Stupid me thought that meant sending a regular chat message....hehehe now I have to try it out.

Thanks

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged
Warthog
Private

Posts: 43
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 02-23-2001 10:00 PM


Yep, it works!

Really cool...now it's time to play some coop!

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47