Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  Joystick woes

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Joystick woes
Sapper_G
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Mar 2001

posted 03-08-2001 12:10 AM


Hello all. I am new to this group, and a 3 day veteran of Rogue Spear.

I just bought a new Logitech Wingman Force 3D joystick to go with my new RS game, and it failed miserably. The joystick has a 'deadzone' to eliminate drift when the joystick is centered. When I set it to 'medium' to stop the drifting, RS stopped responding to the joystick controls. When I set it to 'low' the game responded, but also drifted when the joystick was supposed to be centered.

My question is, what is a good joystick to use with Rogue Spear? It does not need to be a rumble joystick. I just want one that will move when I want it to, and not move when I center it, and with some buttons that I can program so that I don't have to keep searching the keyboard.

Thanks,
Glenn
Sapper_G@yahoo.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Sapper_G   Click Here to Email Sapper_G    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Shroomhd
3d Retreat

Posts: 185
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-08-2001 12:12 PM


You are really better off playing the Rainbow Six line of games with your key board and mouse. In fact I wouldn't use a joystick with an first person shooter.

------------------
"last cs tournie was pretty goodlong but a lil" -viperx Shroomhd@3dretreat.com


Click Here to See the Profile for Shroomhd   Click Here to Email Shroomhd    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 74938695UIN: 74938695   Send an AIM Message to Foulk1    IP Logged
Maverick
Private

Posts: 18
Registered: Jan 2001

posted 03-10-2001 08:45 PM


i agree. everything is much easier to control with the keyboard and mouse. anyway, i'm pretty sure the microsoft sidewinder joystick is compatible. though i don't really use is for rs.
Click Here to See the Profile for Maverick    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Warthog
Sergeant

Posts: 57
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-11-2001 12:18 AM


DO NOT use a joystick. It sucks.

Yes, I have a MS SideWinder 2 joystick that works. Just for the hell of it, I decided to try it out with RS. Movements are jerky - NOT smooth at all.

Warthog

------------------
Got Milk?


Click Here to See the Profile for Warthog   Click Here to Email Warthog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 79345269UIN: 79345269   Send an AIM Message to .......aol sucks..........    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47