Click Here

  3d Retreat Forums
  General Rainbow6/Rogue Spear
  Linksys Router and Rogue Spear Hosting

Post New Topic  Post A Reply
profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Linksys Router and Rogue Spear Hosting
Mike_D
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: Mar 2001

posted 03-21-2001 08:48 AM


I just recently added another computer to my cable through a linksys router(4port) and been able to forward ports for most games but cannot get Rogue Spear to allow me to HOST a game. Playing is fine, works great but when I go to host my local IP pops in as default and is not seen. I only have DEFAULT as network address and does not show anything else. I have the ports forwarding and even tried DMZ with no luck. Anyone figure this out yet?

Thanks for any help


Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_D   Click Here to Email Mike_D    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
SamTheMan
Moderator

Posts: 161
Registered: Oct 2000

posted 03-25-2001 02:37 PM


Just have one guy hit the host button on the multi thingy. Then the other playerers should see that game in one of the boxes on the multiplayer menu. I think thats how it goes.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for SamTheMan   Click Here to Email SamTheMan    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote  UIN: 40054972UIN: 40054972       IP Logged
Mike_D
Newbie

Posts: 2
Registered: Mar 2001

posted 03-27-2001 11:44 AM


umm no..thats not how it goes here..lol.. anyone got the port forwardings to host a RS/Urban game behind a Linksys router (DMZ not an option)

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for Mike_D   Click Here to Email Mike_D    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
Iceberg72
Newbie

Posts: 4
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 06-02-2001 09:05 PM


It isn't 2346? I haven't tried hosting because @Home sucks for hosting RS where I am. Do you have a static or dynamic IP?

------------------
** ACCURACY THROUGH VOLUME.**
(1 clip, 1 kill.)


Click Here to See the Profile for Iceberg72   Click Here to Email Iceberg72    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
MurphDog
Private

Posts: 7
Registered: Apr 2001

posted 06-11-2001 04:21 AM


The router you have is the exact same one that I have. I recently had this discussion with a few others and I agree,DMZ should not be an option, although another user uses it as a DMZ and says he has no problems "hiding" his ip addresses. The ports you need to open are as follows:
Select BOTH as the protocol for all of them.
PORT RANGE
6667 - 6667
28800 - 29000
47624 - 47624
2300 - 2400

Here is another forum discussion on it.
http://pub6.ezboard.com/fpiestacticspiestacticsupport.showMessage?topicID=516.topic
I have had no problems hosting at all with these ports open. It runs perfectly.

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for MurphDog   Click Here to Email MurphDog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to MurphDog2000    IP Logged
ALMOST DEAD
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 06-17-2001 01:23 PM



plz HELP me too . . .

I have a D-Link DI-704 router.
I cant host unless i open up a machine with DMZ.
I would like to get around this.
Theres a option for Trigger & Incoming Ports in the router.
I put all the ports listed above by MurphDog and added 2346, 2347 an 2348 and put 47624 in the trigger for MSN Zone but nothing. 47624 was a option the router gave me.
Can someone explane what this Trigger thing is ?

Any info would be thanked . . . .

------------------
== > Peace, Love ,Firearms & Frags . . . .

_ALMOST_DEAD_


Click Here to See the Profile for ALMOST DEAD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
PLaTiNuM2k1
Newbie

Posts: 1
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 06-20-2001 12:54 PM


Hey I have a linksys router... i have no idea how to change any of the settings... what is DMZ? can someone please help me set it up so i can host some RS?
-Thanks

------------------


Click Here to See the Profile for PLaTiNuM2k1    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
ALMOST DEAD
Private

Posts: 6
Registered: Jun 2001

posted 06-21-2001 04:40 AM


DMZ is a setting in ur router that will let u take a computer (ip) hinden behind your router and expose it to the net. Completely bypassing ur router. Witch is 1 way of hosting games. But u should be able to set up the router so it expose certain ports to certain machine and still do its job. DMZ is not the safest way to go. It will completely expose the ip configured to it, to the net.

I know nothing about the Linksys router but i would think DMZ is a stander thing.


Click Here to See the Profile for ALMOST DEAD    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote         IP Logged
MurphDog
Private

Posts: 7
Registered: Apr 2001

posted 06-21-2001 02:26 PM


Originally posted by PLaTiNuM2k1:
Hey I have a linksys router... i have no idea how to change any of the settings... what is DMZ? can someone please help me set it up so i can host some RS?
-Thanks

It is kind of strange that you don't know how to change your settings. Anyway, you need to go to the ip address 192.168.1.1, that is your Router Ip address. Click on the advanced tab, click on the Forwarding tab, and insert the ports I named above in there. Click on the DMZ Host tab and make sure 0 is in the box. It should work, if you have any problems, email me.

------------------
MurphDog
http://www.mercenariesguild.com


Click Here to See the Profile for MurphDog   Click Here to Email MurphDog    Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote     Send an AIM Message to MurphDog2000    IP Logged

All times are CST (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Post New Topic  Post A Reply
Hop to:

Contact Us | http://www.3dretreat.com

3d Retreat © 2000

Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board 5.47